Are we Sitting on the OC hire in fear of running off recruits?

The OC is a secret. But, believe me, defenses will be afraid to play against us
giphy.gif
He is a silent OC Commit

Logical assumption......if the guy has been hired......why hide him......announce it!!!!why would it be withheld at this point and time? Unless the title of this thread is on point. Why wait? If such a good hire, he will help w recruiting. If that bad (Friend), then trying to bury it past signing day? Either way, not a tact chosen by a confident coach

Reactions: Thorp32
A coach has been hired. The new coach does not want it announced until x date.
Its pretty simple. If its a hire from the nfl it will be the end of the month. It could be someone in a bowl that wants it announced after the bowl. Got to be patient.

View attachment 182264
But that logic doesn’t allow for complete meltdown mode on VN. That couldn’t be it. We must overreact to every thing orange.

A coach has been hired. The new coach does not want it announced until x date.
Its pretty simple. If its a hire from the nfl it will be the end of the month. It could be someone in a bowl that wants it announced after the bowl. Got to be patient.

View attachment 182264
Also so I can properly understand how to add to the conspiracy meltdown therories on here, why is it that this very statement was made by Doug Mathews and he is blasted as a nothing more than a mouthpiece to the university, yet we hang on every word of an unconfirmed twitter rumor as gospel. Just want to be sure I know how to fit in with the masses.

Also so I can properly understand how to add to the conspiracy meltdown therories on here, why is it that this very statement was made by Doug Mathews and he is blasted as a nothing more than a mouthpiece to the university, yet we hang on every word of an unconfirmed twitter rumor as gospel. Just want to be sure I know how to fit in with the masses.

Do you believe that a poster or VN, who says that an OC is hired but all we have to do is wait, is correct? If so, why?

My gut tells me if he has truly made a decision and has not announced yet then most of us will feel it's a let down hire. I cant imagine if its a home run hire they wouldn't have already been announced. I'm not sure we are in on any top offensive guys but you would think CJP would want them doing some recruiting. Oh well, he knows what he is doing right?

Trying to get the best of both worlds to sign? Old recruits and any new ones this guy is in on?

It would have to be a bad hire to run off recruits.

I don't see CJP playing his "Larry Scott" incompetence card anytime soon.

He will hire a great OC who is also a great fit for the system and the defensive schema.

Let Schiano get through his bowl game first.

eww, I threw up in mouth just writing that!

Do you believe that a poster or VN, who says that an OC is hired but all we have to do is wait, is correct? If so, why?
If it’s Yurcich(?) then it wouldn’t make sense. I’m curious as to it being an NFL coach and him letting season finish. Or, which I don’t buy, if it was a coach of a team in CFP game then they want to focus on that prior to being announced. I don’t buy they are scared to announce due to a let down hire. That make zero sense to me. If they feel it’s a let down hire and admit it by being scared to announce then we truly are in a mess. I just don’t think Pruitt -Fulmer operate that way.

Unless I misunderstood what Mathews said, he said specifically on Big Orange Sunday that he talked to Fulmer prior to going on the air for the Wednesday 104.5 show last week and asked what could he say about the OC situation and that was the answer he got. Maybe I totally missed what he said though.

If it’s Yurcich(?) then it wouldn’t make sense. I’m curious as to it being an NFL coach and him letting season finish. Or, which I don’t buy, if it was a coach of a team in CFP game then they want to focus on that prior to being announced. I don’t buy they are scared to announce due to a let down hire. That make zero sense to me. If they feel it’s a let down hire and admit it by being scared to announce then we truly are in a mess. I just don’t think Pruitt -Fulmer operate that way.

These are the big questions that are the most puzzling. So if its an NFL guy, then again, why wait? A team is not going to hire a brand new OC with just a few games left in the season. I mean the season ends on what the 30th? Now that still leaves a couple of months until NSD. But still, it really kind of hinders us for the early signing period.

Now as far as it being a let down hire, thats tricky. Its possible that they dont want to announce it because offensive recruits are going to spurn the hire. If so, then I could see why they wouldnt want to announce it.

VN Store

Back