Are we Ranking today yes or No?

Sorry, but no way. Not enough bottom of the Top 25 lost and there were 16 teams that were getting votes. Tennessee was outside the top 40. How would one win over No. 20 Indiana move them past that many teams? Long way to go.

Now, after Lipscomb they play No. 10 Texas A&M, No. 9 Kentucky and No. 12 Arkansas in succession. Win 2 of 3 and they are in business.

Last edited:
Sorry, but no way. Not enough bottom of the Top 25 lost and there were 16 teams that were getting votes. Tennessee was outside the top 40. How would one win over No. 20 Indiana move them past that many teams? Long way to go.

Now, after Lipscomb they play No. 10 Texas A&M, No. 9 Kentucky and No. 12 Arkansas in succession. Win 2 of 3 and they are in business.

I'd say 1 out of 3 should be enough. Then we would be 2-2 against the top 15. Seems like that should put us about ... 15.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I'd say 1 out of 3 should be enough. Then we would be 2-2 against the top 15. Seems like that should put us about ... 15.
Possibly.

Lets say that the Indiana win moves them to around 30. Then they lose to A&M. That might move them back to 40. Then they beat Kentucky. Maybe 25? Then they lose to Arkansas. Back out of the top 25.

Voters are weird and sometimes unpredictable. I don't think winning one of those would be enough.

Possibly.

Lets say that the Indiana win moves them to around 30. Then they lose to A&M. That might move them back to 40. Then they beat Kentucky. Maybe 25? Then they lose to Arkansas. Back out of the top 25.

Voters are weird and sometimes unpredictable. I don't think winning one of those would be enough.

True and it might depend on the competitiveness of the losses. Lose by 2 to TAMU and it probably doesn't drop you much at all. Lose by 20 and a big drop is fair.

@sisaq you love worrying about ranking huh? LOL... Only thing i’m worried about is the team playing hard and getting better rankings are going to change so much this year it isn’t gonna be funny especially in the SEC where it’s gonna be a blood bath on many nights and some of the bottom teams have improved and could put an L in some of the columns of the top teams.

Being in the top 4 should be the goal (being first the ultimate goal) which would set them up for post season play ... if there is a post season*sigh*

Does anyone know if there are teams in the current top 25 who have not beaten a top 25 yet themselves? Or even played a top 25 opponent?

Does anyone know if there are teams in the current top 25 who have not beaten a top 25 yet themselves? Or even played a top 25 opponent?
Of course. But that is not how rankings work.

You start the season with a preseason poll based on what voters think of the teams. Usually based on last years performance and then who they lost and who they gained in players.

Once that Top 25 is set, each week is based on performance that week. It doesn't matter if they played the bottom of the teams like Baylor did back to back. Teams only move down if they lose and move up if they win and teams above them lose.

That's just the way it works.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Texas who for some reason keep moving up the poll they were at 25, then went to 23, and now at 22 despite not beating ANY Top 25 team

That’s old... Both Mizzu St and Oregon State lost this week and should be out... now that only moves schools like Texas, up the list somewhat. VA tech was also tied for 25th in a poll but then lost to ND... Again, i could see both the SEC and Big10 schools beating up on each other in conference which will effect rankings. I am interested to see how Texas ends up fairing when they play better teams in their conference (which i guess would be iowa state and baylor).

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
That’s old... Both Mizzu St and Oregon State lost this week and should be out... now that only moves schools like Texas, up the list somewhat. VA tech was also tied for 25th in a poll but then lost to ND... Again, i could see both the SEC and Big10 schools beating up on each other in conference which will effect rankings. I am interested to see how Texas ends up fairing when they play better teams in their conference (which i guess would be iowa state and baylor).
its not old Texas is ranked #22 currently unless they dropped out Today

Texas who for some reason keep moving up the poll they were at 25, then went to 23, and now at 22 despite not beating ANY Top 25 team
It's not some reason. It's the same reason I have been posting about.

Teams move when they win and teams above them lose and drop below them.

Preseason Texas was 26.

First week Notre Dame dropped out so Texas moved up one to 25.

Second week DePaul and Gonzaga both lost and dropped below Texas so the Longhorns moved up two spots to 23.

Third week South Dakota State lost and dropped below Texas so they moved up one spot to 22.

Today they could move up again if someone else above them moved below them.

VN Store

Back