Are we improved from week 1?

Volteacher

Let’s look at this season from where we started to where we are now. So the first 4 games of the season we looked awful. Losing big to WVU and UF. The next week showed minor improvements versus uga and then went into auburn and won and then the Alabama game was what everyone else has done. Against them. USC game they SHOULD have won they played much better after a huge loss. Then the next game against Kentucky was their best game and we all thought we were improving a lot of people on this board said, “ 7-5 here we come, I knew Pruitt was the real deal, We have improved and the players have bought in and got rid of the butch jones culture.” Then the last two games we saw a dramatic setback as far as play goes. If we lost the last two games by 3-7 points no one would be. Ear as upset.
Do I think CJP is the right answer, I have no clue. He might be the next Mark richt and win 8-10 games every year and ever win a natty. He might go 6-6 next year and be in the hot seat in 2020. Fulmer knows football and how to evalute talent and coaches. He can’t coach anymore but knows what to look for on and offf the field.
Did we improve from week 1 not really...... It sucks but it is what it is.

Its one thing to have Dana Holgorsen and Dan Mullen coach circles around you (beginning of year), its another to have Barry Odom, Derek Dooley, and Derek Mason outcoach you....

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
We beat a ranked SECW team on the road and a top 15 UK that drubbed UF. Yes we are better. After the UF loss, most, including me, thought 3-9 was tge best we could do.

I just happened to go back and watch the West Virginia game this week (I was archiving it do disc, don't ask) and I'm not sure this team is better than it was at the beginning of the year. In fact, I think the team that showed against Missouri and Vanderbilt is the worst of the season. Just my opinion.

I just happened to go back and watch the West Virginia game this week (I was archiving it do disc, don't ask) and I'm not sure this team is better than it was at the beginning of the year. In fact, I think the team that showed against Missouri and Vanderbilt is the worst of the season. Just my opinion.
Yup. No real good reason why either.

The only measure that matters is wins and losses.

Week 1: Lost by 26 to a pretty good WV team.
Week 13: Lost by 25 to f***in’ Vanderbilt.

So, no.

But compared to last year, UT is one win better in ‘18 than they were in ‘17. So I guess there was a slight improvement over last year.

VN Store

Back