Are we good yet? 2/19

They have done awesome
My guess is they go 44-12 this year and 20-10 in Sec play.
Plus make the regional

I love your enthusiasm, please feel for to use my "Mr. Optimistic" tag............;)

Now, Indiana is not the same Indiana as the last few years and the other 2 opponents would only beat a good Farragut team by a few runs, JK of course but you know what I mean.

Are the Vols much improved, absolutely, but 20-10 isn't going to happen. Only one SEC team lost fewer than 11 games last year. Florida lead the way at 20-10.

They've played well all the way around THUS FAR. Pitching has been solid especially with Lingo fanning 13 and only walking 2, that is a huge step forward for him that I hope can continue through the year. The RBI sac bunt from Rucker to put us up 3-0 was a big play since we've not been playing fundamental ball the last several years. Evan Russell & Ricky Martinez with another solid day at the dish as well, hopefully Dre gets out of his funk soon as well.

Reactions: RollerVol
I love your enthusiasm, please feel for to use my "Mr. Optimistic" tag............;)

Now, Indiana is not the same Indiana as the last few years and the other 2 opponents would only beat a good Farragut team by a few runs, JK of course but you know what I mean.

Are the Vols much improved, absolutely, but 20-10 isn't going to happen. Only one SEC team lost fewer than 11 games last year. Florida lead the way at 20-10.
Completely agree. Highly unlikely they go 20-10 in conference play. I’m sticking to my preseason prediction of 35-21 and 15-15....and looking forward to my 5 extra pickem points!!

Reactions: RollerVol
I have looked at other SEC teams pitching and compared to ours and I really believe we will be more than fine. Based on walks and runs allowed... biggest difference in all our pitchers this year is there potential to throw off speed for strikes.... this team will be in top 15 soon.I know there are nay sayers but I believe in what I see. Good baseball..... huge turn around from last year. If you go back and study last year walks and defense killed us. Will every time .... Frank Anderson has done a tremendous job and the depth is really well.... seeing all the depth is refreshing !!!

a few other ranked SEC teams have been having a harder time, so far, than us...the future, well...I'll step out a little...definitely believe we'll be going to Hoover, how's that...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

I tracked the baseVols over the weekend and I am impressed with what I saw. Granted, I'm taking the board's word on the level of opponent that Indiana is, but very impressed. Always great to see a team come back on a Sunday down a few runs when they've already got the series tied up.

Reactions: TX2TN
Speaking of other teams, Kentucky had to rally to beat Northern Kentucky 5-4 who we hammered 18-0 last week.

I think we are playing better than we have in a long long time. Now, we have do see how we do against SEC competition. i seem to be a little bit excited about where the baseball team is going.

Reactions: TBvol

VN Store

Back