Are we forgetting about Mr. Jackson in 2022

All the “experts” say he needs a year or so to work on things. Hooker and a feasible back up in the portal would be perfect……unless Milton can fix his accuracy issues. IDK.

We need at least 2 QB's as we Maurer, Salter and Bailey. You want 4-5 scholly QBs on your team at all times.

I'm still lukewarm on TJ. He has the size and has a nice arm. He isn't a guy likely to be an effective running QB in college. He doesn't have elite passing stats. I'm not down on him. I fully trust Heupel to know what he wants in a QB prospect. But I'm kind of wait and see on him. I hope he's great... but hope that UT recruits QB's well enough to recruit over him if he's not.

And the kid only gets to throw the ball maybe 10 times a game ( no exaggeration) averages about 12.9 yards rushing a game and has fumbled 5 times on only 63 carries. Not super excited about him yet either.

Reactions: sjt18
And the kid only gets to throw the ball maybe 10 times a game ( no exaggeration) averages about 12.9 yards rushing a game and has fumbled 5 times on only 63 carries. Not super excited about him yet either.
Honestly I've avoided expressing any concern. I just don't see "it" when I watch video. I've watched most of a couple of playoff games.

I hope he's terrific. Seems like the right kind of character kid. He's got the right size. Looks like a good accurate arm. But either due to opportunity or something else... he just doesn't "shine" like most 4/5* players.

Reactions: VolForLife83
I'm still lukewarm on TJ. He has the size and has a nice arm. He isn't a guy likely to be an effective running QB in college. He doesn't have elite passing stats. I'm not down on him. I fully trust Heupel to know what he wants in a QB prospect. But I'm kind of wait and see on him. I hope he's great... but hope that UT recruits QB's well enough to recruit over him if he's not.
With Hype’s system, I think he will develop in time. My question is, is he going to be able to adapt to the fast pace offense. I also fully trust Hype to get what he needs in here, and a quarterback can take off with it.

I’m sorry Mr Jackson, I am fo real. I never meant to forget about ya, I apologize a trillion times...
😎
GBO!!

Reactions: BUCCnVOLfan
We want a transfer because you need more than 2 QBs and Milton could leave
Yea, this is the scariest part. Will we get at least two or three that’s ready to go? I don’t know if Milton will leave or not. If he does stay, he has to get right. The mistakes that he has done, isn’t good for him.

With Hype’s system, I think he will develop in time. My question is, is he going to be able to adapt to the fast pace offense. I also fully trust Hype to get what he needs in here, and a quarterback can take off with it.
That and we need to remember the portal effect. It will become common for guys not to finish where they start. In some ways, it gives a coach a Mulligan if they miss on a recruit.

Reactions: allen phillips
That and we need to remember the portal effect. It will become common for guys not to finish where they start. In some ways, it gives a coach a Mulligan if they miss on a recruit.
It will definitely be a lot of guys not finishing with that school now, and now the pattern is getting more and more crazier each year. A mulligan for coach Hype may be the magic that he lucks up on. He may get that magic guy in a second time around that can lead us to great heights.

If he can hit the broad side of a barn he should be fine in this offense. It's not like our WR's aren't usually running wide open. Hopefully he gets to sit next year and learn. I think he might be forced into the QB2 spot bc I don't see any top flight transfers coming unless Hooker leaves.

Two scholarship QBs - NOT 2 QBs.

From someone above ... TJ is NOT going to be number 2 QB ... he will be behind Milton. Even if Milton stays (which I think he will) ... Tennessee will still be looking to fill the 'class' hole behind Milton in the QB group ... likely Transfer Portal ... only when they find someone they want.
Patience is a virtue.

I don’t know how the rest of VN feels, but, given a full year under JH and Co and Joe Milton may prove to be much better QB than many expect or believe possible…….. Joe Milton is not JG!
I haven’t completely written off Milton, like many scared Vol fans:)
I’m am very concerned if HH leaves, however!
Go Vols
Go JH & Co………. This was the most fun Tennessee team to watch on offense, that I’ve seen in a decade and a half!
It was actually fun to watch a 1st year coach bring the Vols to life……( with leftovers)

I wouldn't say anyone has forgotten about him.

But I'm certainly not in a hurry to rely on a freshman quarterback to win in the SEC. And beyond that, I don't think anyone feels secure with a QB room of two.

From redshirt to Heisman then to the NFL. QBU too.

Now that is funny!!!

I'm kinda curious on him too. Obviously I'm no scout, but his passing numbers are pretty modest and he doesn't seem like much if a runner.

I wonder if he plays in a run heavy scheme?

It seems that we have lost our way about our 2022 quarterback, since we want a transfer portal quarterback. We’ve got to give him a chance in Hype’s system.
I agree, but competition always a good thing for the team as a whole

I agree, but I just didn’t want us to forget about him, and get the impression that we could go get other quarterbacks. I think we need to be careful how they handle Jackson, but I think everything will be alright at the end. Yea, he needs some time.
You come to UT, you have to know there's going to be competition. With the portal, QBs are going to come and go. UT just can't go into next season with Milton and Jackson behind Hooker. You need plenty of competition in the QB room. The best stay and the others move on. No coach worth his salt would avoid brining in someone to try and win the job for fear of ruffling Jacksons feathers. If the kid is that fragile, he's not the guy you can count on when the bullets fly in this league. It's about winning the job not "it's my turn now".

Reactions: Woke
PUT THE REDSHIRT ON HIM!

Let him bulk up, learn the playbook, and get unscathed for a season. Learn under Heupel, Golesh, and Hooker. Dream scenario

I'm kinda curious on him too. Obviously I'm no scout, but his passing numbers are pretty modest and he doesn't seem like much if a runner.

I wonder if he plays in a run heavy scheme?
My guess if I had to make one is that he doesn't have great receivers compared to competition.

Reactions: DERELICK_MY_VOLS
I agree, but competition always a good thing for the team as a whole
It’s always a competition among the team, to me if we have enough depth. I think we need three to four quarterbacks to keep that competition going.

VN Store

Back