Are we back ?

No. We're not back yet. Our recruiting is just moderate currently. We still don't have a real Tennessee defense right now. The UT is capable of making some noise, sure, but we aren't what we once were, we aren't what many of our, understandably, giddy fans think we are. We're not even what we're going to be, either. But we're getting there, and soon.

--Apologies to Satchel Paige.

No. We're not back yet. Our recruiting is just moderate currently. We still don't have a real Tennessee defense right now. The UT is capable of making some noise, sure, but we aren't what we once were, we aren't what many of our, understandably, giddy fans think we are. We're not even what we're going to be, either. But we're getting there, and soon.

Our recruiting is top ten in the country...

Classic nega vol mentality

We are obviously back
We were just ranked number one for the first time since 1998
That means we are back

As a rule, new recruits don't magically become SEC level players. They go up against guys who have been in strength, and near pro level training for several years. You have to develop new talent, again as a rule, new recruits aren't automatic SEC ready. But have it your way, baby, no one wants what you said to be true more than me. Reality, like karma, is a beech.

One good year doesn't put you "back" when you have our tradition. It takes (in my opinion) 3-5 years straight of winning and being an elite SEC team. Got to get the recruiting back to top 10 classes each season, which I think we're headed in currently. We're on an accelerated path "back" but not there yet but it beats the hell out of the graveyard we've been in for years!

It’s not the destination folks, it’s the ride. Tennessee fans have not been able to be this optimistic since the bummer of a 2005 season. Let’s enjoy the ride, even if the destination is not an SEC championship or a National Championship…but if it is imagine how much sweeter that ride will become.

As a rule, new recruits don't magically become SEC level players. They go up against guys who have been in strength, and near pro level training for several years. You have to develop new talent, again as a rule, new recruits aren't automatic SEC ready. But have it your way, baby, no one wants what you said to be true more than me. Reality, like karma, is a beech.
Was this meant to be a response to my recruiting comment?

I mean I wouldn't bet against our staff to not be able to develop the 9th best class in the country. I mean the odds the class is a bust are so slim it's silly to consider it won't pan out. How can the 9th class in the country that includes the number one overall player in the country be considered moderate???? Like huh???

As for being back, yes we have to continue building on what we did in 22, but there really isn't anything to suggest we won't. We are even more talented, experienced and deeper at almost every position going into 23 with ever growing momentum in recruiting.

We are back.

Was this meant to be a response to my recruiting comment?
I mean I wouldn't bet against our staff to not be able to develop the 9th best class in the country. I mean the odds the class is a bust are so slim it's silly to consider it won't pan out. How can the 9th class in the country that includes the number one overall player in the country be considered moderate???? Like huh???
As for being back, yes we have to continue building on what we did in 22, but there really isn't anything to suggest we won't. We are even more talented, experienced and deeper at almost every position going into 23 with ever growing momentum in recruiting.
We are back.

Have it your way, baby, no one wants what you said to be true more than me. Reality, like karma, is a beech. Nuff said.

1. Yes, we're back.

2. But are we staying?

3. That can only be proven by repeated success through roster changes.

4. The single most significant roster change is a new starting QB.

5. This year, we have a new starting QB.

6. So we'll have a really good idea by the end of this season, and especially by the end of the 2024 season, if we're back for good.

Go Vols!

We need to beat Georgia and win the SEC first

I don't think thats a fair opinion.

This Georgia program is not the UGA of the 2000s or the 1990s or 2010s. They were good to great under Richt.

They're operating at an Elite level now.
Only our 1998 team could've had a chance against their 2021 team, and I don't think they would have beaten the 2022 team at all.

Their speed, size and skill are ridiculous.

I think this 2022 Tennessee team on a good day beats ANY of Fulmers teams.

But we saw 2022 UT vs UGA so we have that answer.

Yes, we are back. And we will give UGA a better game this season

Well, we might not be fully back however, we are no longer the SEC doormat that we have been for years!

F0018780.jpg

Back in contention and it’s great but I want to be back to contending for a title.

VN Store

Back