Are There Any Butch Supporters Left?

I support him.

I'm not happy about losing the last two games, but when you look at on balance it could be worse. Let's see how the season plays out. I do believe this; the rest of the season is the crucible that will make or break him as a coach.

I have supported him and the team, even though when he was very first hired I thought WTH.. we hired a coach from Cincinnati that was owned by Dooley for heavens sake! Now this game raised my blood pressure to the "Stroke out" level. Why do I let it get to me? Why do any of us let it get to us? We love our Vols and want to see them succeed. I fear that my very fears are realized. We could give him a few more years, I suppose. But the team is giving their all out effort and coaching mistakes at the very crucial time just make me realize that this unfortunately is the new MO of our team.. choking a lead in the 4th quarter! Georgia ran all the way down the field in .. at home... in our staduium with 44 seconds to go and won that game. Heart wrenching! It is happening on way to regular a basis. I am gonna try to support the coach and team still, but my belief that we will get the W is not a given with ANY team that we face... well maybe North Texas-- but even then...:ermm:

this is a young team with great talent.

we have fought in every game we've played in and there has been improvement since Butch has got here. we were not a 10 win ball club this year and as long as we go 7-5 or 8-4 we are still on track to be where we need to be.

I know this team played it's heart out today and we had a good game plan for this game. we gave up some critical 4th downs to fl and I thought we should have called a less conservative game when they scored and was only down 6. I hated this loss and I hate fla. But I'm not giving up on butch or this team. So, yes I a am still a VOL football supporter.

All Quitters please QUIT, because today is not my last time cheering for this year's players and coaches to win.

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
yeah I still support him. just remember these are freshman and sophmores. next year should be our year.
I hope you do...because all week you can listen watch all across America what we already know! Butch isn't a winner he has never beaten any big time teams. When got his own players at previous stops he was worse!

I'm a Butch supporter, but the honeymoon is over.

Also you idiots who think we're going to get Gruden/Kelly should get a grip.

yeah I still support him. just remember these are freshman and sophmores. next year should be our year.

I think Florida has a lot of freshmen and sophomores too. They had two freshman OL that made us look like idiots.
Florida is undefeated with a year 1 head coach in rebuilding mode.

Excuses are over. Win or leave.

Reactions: 2 people
I support Butch. Anyone who thinks we should fire him afte two close loses, doesn't understand how far back it will set this program! I'm not for starting over! I'm for moving forward with Butch.

We give him to the end of the season and fire him then. He's not a good coach. He is good recruiter. You can't just be good at one of these, you have to be good at both. We hire Chip Kelly at the end of the season, we don't start all over. He would have these kids 3-0 right now.

We give him to the end of the season and fire him then. He's not a good coach. He is good recruiter. You can't just be good at one of these, you have to be good at both. We hire Chip Kelly at the end of the season, we don't start all over. He would have these kids 3-0 right now.

Hopefully 4-0.

If I hear young and inexperienced one more time...............................I always support and cheer for the Vols. And, I will support a good coach and coaching staff when we get one. I didn't like or trust Kiffin from the beginning. I really wanted to like Dooley, but after that first year....no. The only opinion I ever formed about Jones is; why did we hire one of the few coaches that Dooley beat?

You guys are going to eat your words. Sorry it's not happening as fast as you want it to.

Judging by the amount of responses flooding this board I believe you are blind for not seeing it. Maybe you mistaken which thread you were in. It's title are there any butch supporters left. So I'd say the number of non supporters on here far out weigh the supporters at this point.

But nice try

Sure there are. And we will beat an Arkansas team that lost to Temple at home, and they'll be on here saying idiotic @#$# like "there's no other coach in America I'd rather have!"

First off, it was Toledo that beat Arkansas. Secondly, I don't think we're going to beat Arkansas because this coaching staff will find a way to blow that game too. Until I'm proven wrong, I will not pick UT to win another SEC game this season besides maybe Vandy.

I support Butch. Anyone who thinks we should fire him afte two close loses, doesn't understand how far back it will set this program! I'm not for starting over! I'm for moving forward with Butch.

I didn't want to start over again when Dooley was here, but at some point you got to pull the bandaid off. Starting over scares everyone, but staying in the current situation will never result in any positives. In order to have the positive results you have to win, that's the whole reason to play the game(and sport). If that can't be achieved then what's the point?

Its very easy....let's be Honest .If 7-8 wins a year is Ok ,Butch might be Ok for you. If winning a SEC championship is your goal,Butch is not your coach....he will never sniff the playoffs unless they make it top 40 teams!

yes. i supprt and want him to be the future coach at Tennessee. do i trust he can get the job done? not at the present moment.

he better win every ****ing game between now and the end of the year. even bama. this loss was the worst possible thing for him.

Look fellers... I am sensing a movement towards negativity approaching VN... can we have a group hug.

Ah crap... I baked a pizza, did all the right prep work correctly, added extra cheese, basil, tomatoes, pepperoni, and tons of cheese.

Set it for 18 min and as the clock was winding down I screwed up and should have called time on it at 16 mins... did not, and now I am eating burnt pizza. Can't catch a break today.

Reactions: 2 people
Ah crap... I baked a pizza, did all the right prep work correctly, added extra cheese, basil, tomatoes, pepperoni, and tons of cheese.

Set it for 18 min and as the clock was winding down I screwed up and should have called time on it at 16 mins... did not, and now I am eating burnt pizza. Can't catch a break today.

Na you got it all wrong....you were supposed to leave it in there for 20 minutes but you pulled it out after 10! Now you're eating cold, doughie pizza.

VN Store

Back