Are there 5 better stadiums in the SEC than Neyland?

Do any of the stadiums ranked ahead have a beautiful river rolling beside them? Mountains set off in the distance? Noise and attendance is unmatched in Neyland when we are a top 10 team...if any of those schools had our last decade, they'd have 70% at best in the seats. The reality is that for any of the top 6 or 7 schools in our conference, 100k in the stands and game day tradition is common place. We love football (as a whole conference) more than any other area of the country. If we win the Natty, we'll be #1 in this meaningless poll / article next year.

I don’t really care what any stupid pole or survey says, Neyland Stadium is the greatest sports venue in the world, period!!!

GBO!!!
I don’t really care what any stupid pole or survey says, Neyland Stadium is the greatest sports venue in the world, period!!!

GBO!!!

Great idea! We should put poles in Neyland for dancing...

Ben Hill reeks like a urine dumpster.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I know stadium rankings (at least the top ones) is basically splitting hairs but there is no way on this earth that Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is better than Neyland!
SEC football stadiums ranked 1-14 -
1 - Tennessee
2 - LSU
3 - Auburn
4 - Alabama
5 - Georgia
6 - Florida
7 - Texas A&M
8 - Ole Miss
9 - South Carolina
10 - Arkansas
11 - Miss. State
12 - Kentucky
13 - Mizzou
14 - Vandy

Neyland is past due for a remodel. After the remodel we will be at the #1 spot. I think we are to low on list now. The Swamp is a dump. I would have the Swamp at 13.
I will say this, there is NO BETTER PLACE than Neyland Stadium to watch a college football game. I have been to several other stadiums and none compare. When you talk about atmosphere, crowd, and noise level, we win by a landslide.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Are there 5 better stadiums in the SEC than Neyland?

Other than Vandy? No

Maybe the ratings were based on WIFI, Phone reception and bathrooms?

Swamp sucks.

Also, he has Williams-Brice at 9 above Arky. Heck even when, Arky plays in Little Rock, it is a better stadium than SCAR.

For game day experience:

1-5: Neyland, Sanford, Death Valley, Kyle, Denny are all above the rest and relatively close to each other. I'll take Neyland any day of the week though.
6: Auburn and maybe they should be included above
7. Arky

8. Florida
9. KY
10. Ole Miss, Grove baby
11. MSU, what else is there to do in Starkville
12. SCAR

13. Mizzou
14. Vandy, but it isn't crowded and Music Row is nearby!

Last edited:
Reactions: sport3500
Neyland is past due for a remodel. After the remodel we will be at the #1 spot. I think we are to low on list now. The Swamp is a dump. I would have the Swamp at 13.
I will say this, there is NO BETTER PLACE than Neyland Stadium to watch a college football game. I have been to several other stadiums and none compare. When you talk about atmosphere, crowd, and noise level, we win by a landslide.
LSUs Tiger Stadium has got to be older than Neyland. The outside is archaic, and there is nothing about the inside that screams, wow, fancy.

Reactions: Vol524
The Rose Bowl is neat but its no where near top 10. 100k on one level is bad views from somebody. If you're near the top you're closer to San Diego than the field. Plus you park your car on a golf course next to the stadium and that's just sacrilegious.

LOL These lists are controversial. However 100% agreement on number 14. Best thing to ever happen at Dudley field was the Tennessee Oilers home games.
I slightly disagree . TN Oilers maybe 2nd best thing but I seem to recall in ‘94 sitting there and seeing TBO slap a 65-0 beat down on the commodewhores .

Edit - I take that back. I drop your oilers opinion down to 4th now . 2nd place was ‘90 throwing sugar cubes on the field @ the ripe old age of 12 in anticipation of a return trip to the sugar bowl after winning (a portion ) of the SECC. 3rd was ‘98 where their stadium was jam packed and there were maybe a grand total of 17 Vandy fans there ! Good times @ “The Dud” indeed !!

Hell no. There aren't 5 better stadiums in college football than Neyland. It is the Wrigley Field of football stadiums. Not great in terms of modern amenities and it does show it's age, but it's great in design and it has character. It is the only symmetrical, double decker, bowl-shaped stadium in the country. It's unique.

Edit: I don't know why rankings from this obscure site keep being posted here. I mean, who cares about something called "gasnsports.com" ? Seriously.

Last edited:
Hell no. There aren't 5 better stadiums in college football than Neyland. It is the Wrigley Field of football stadiums. Not great in terms of modern amenities and it does show it's age, but it's great in design and it has character. It is the only symmetrical, double decker, bowl-shaped stadium in the country. It's unique.

He wave a winner.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back