Are the '22 Year 2 Vols Your Favorite Vol Team of All-Time?

Are the '22 Vols Your Favorite Tennessee Team of All-Time?

• Total voters
I do like this team alot - if they make the playoffs and were to win, I might need to change my vote. But for now it would be from another year.

The ‘85 Vols will always be a favorite…but I also liked a lot of the 90’s teams too…. And the 2022 guys.
It’s a tough call.

For me it’s ‘98, then ‘97, then 01, then ‘85, then 04, then these current fellas ( and there is still a lot of season left- coupla’ more ass whoopings and they are gonna keep shooting up my radar), then that 2015 Dobbs team - loved that team too!

As others have pointed out, I think it's age relevant. For me it's that '98 team...I'm 48. Asked my Dad and his favorite is the '85 SugarVols... he's 78. For my nephew it's this '22 supercar version... he's 18.

I only hope and pray we can have this discussion more than once a generation from this point.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Definitely most fun to watch because of all the O, and the pressuring D.

However not my favorite. We all have favorites usually for various personal reasons. This could wind up being one of my favorites simply because of how fun they are.

85 was, is and will always be my favorite team.

Yet to be determined. I still like my Al Wilson led team in 1998. Al’s presence on the field struck fear and we already won the phycological battle before they left the locker room. That’s what this team is missing, however I enjoy this years team and who knows, this book isn’t finished yet.

I'm with you on this one. That 98 team was just unreal.

Gotta admit though, throwing up 60 burgers on a decent D is pretty intimidating.

Vols fan deep in the heart of Aggieland. The 2004 team is my nominee. The Vols won the SEC East, but lost the championship to Auburn. That resulted in Tennessee coming to Dallas, where they whipped the Aggies in the Cotton Bowl, 38-7. This was my first opportunity to see the Vols in person. I parked in a place that was full of Aggies. When I got to my truck to leave after the game, the place was empty. One of the happiest moments and days of my llife.

Last edited:
nuther vote for the Sugarvols

shut down Bo Jackson and made the cover of SI (Tony Robinson). Lost our star QB but still beat Bama and destroyed the U in the Sugarbowl when no one gave us a chance.

88 don’t know why? Loved the 1988 team.
1992 team.
2016 the fight that they had. Yes, there were adversities, but I liked that team for some reason.
98 my all time favorite though.
2022 team is really a fighter. Loving the way they don’t stop.

VN Store

Back