'22 AR WR Charles Nimrod (Tennessee signee)

Nimrod actually refers to a "Mighty Hunter"... but Bugs Bunny called Elmer a poor little Nimrod so it became a pejorative.

I'm just sayin'
Thanks , always wondered why people thought nimrod was a idiot .Some still follow the gym and wife simeramus..I know I butchered the spelling ..I'm from Tennessee what can I say ...Some say he was a hunter of souls..

After watching both he’s better than Ayomanor. At least right now anyways. Elic could be better long run but this kid is further along development wise. He’d be ranked higher if he had a QB worth a s**t. A lot of those throws in his film were BAD

After watching both he’s better than Ayomanor. At least right now anyways. Elic could be better long run but this kid is further along development wise. He’d be ranked higher if he had a QB worth a s**t. A lot of those throws in his film were BAD
They are both 6'3", but different body types. Elic is 20lbs heavier right now. I think they would fill different roles in this offense.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Who knows who Nimrod was?

Never understood why everyone thinks it means idiot .The guy was actually really smart and cunning ..

Bc most people have the attention span of a gnat (and that's getting worse) and can't be bothered to actually read or learn.
Headline is as far as they go with reading and if it isn't plastered everywhere, they forget that after a few min.

Do we get another commit before our first game?

Callahan: I would lean toward yes right now, but that's not a sure thing. Wide receivers Elic Ayomanor and Chas Nimrod, who picked up an offer from Tennessee on Saturday, are the main Vols targets to watch this month. Both have indicated they're hoping to make decisions by the end of August. There always could be other possibilities, too, but most players are starting to turn their attention to their upcoming seasons
callahan

Who knows who Nimrod was?

Never understood why everyone thinks it means idiot .The guy was actually really smart and cunning ..
Well, it's because the history of our language and which religion influenced it.
The consensus is the name became derogatory because what he tried to accomplish.
Jews paint him as evil. Like the most evil being that ever walked the earth. According to them he was a man that tried to reach God and had many sorcerors and spirit conjurers in which he used to unify mankind under his might with the sole intention of bringing down God.

He was the descendant of Kush who was the descedent of Ham (noah's son that ran away). This was the line the lead to Old Dynasty Eygptians, Canaanintes , Nubians, people from the land of Punt, etc (Black people). Even though much of Ethiopia is influenced by Christianity, some of their first gnostics still had knowledge of Nimrod through their own African Proverbs. They paint him as a demigod. He's like Hercules to them.

It's really fascinating stuff!

What an unfortunate name

I think it's genius and can be a windfall for the NIL. He just needs to steal the term and own it. Imagine if he comes in and balls out.

At home,
There will be a blue-collar "Nimrod" section at Neyland, ala Cleveland's Dawg Pound. They wear his jersey and go crazy every big play.
No duplicate jerseys made - each jersey will be sequential (Nimrod #1, Nimrod #2, etc...), and fans will vie for being the highest current Nimrod. Sales will be viral. There will be contests to fill entire sections with "Nimrods."
"Nimrod 1" fetches $1,000,000 at Christies after Chas scores in the Citrus bowl.
Chancellor Plowman is interviewed on ESPN, and says "Ich bin ein Nimrod!" Billboards go up all over Knoxville.

Away,
Jersey sales are even higher away as opposing fans embrace it to throw shade, inadvertently filling UT coffers. Trojan Horse.
Opposing stadiums ban the jerseys because there's too much orange.
Steve Spurrier shows up on Finebaum wearing a big grin and "Nimrod 45,595."
Jeremy Pruitt gets several of these in the mail, and isn't exactly sure how to interpret it.

Edited: And he commits just hours after I mapped this all out. Vol Nation, you're welcome. Chas, I'm available if you need a PR guy!

Last edited:
watersmeet-nimrods.png

Watersmeet HS, MI

Boom! Just curious, does this impact us with Elic or would we take both?

SCOUTING REPORT
“He’s a great player. He has the frame and work-ethic. He has top-level speed. He catches the ball really well. In the state of Arkansas, I think he is as elite as they come. I think he will be a great fit. He’s just a good kid with a good spirit. He checks all the boxes in what you’re looking for in a high-level receiver. He’s going to go and get the football. He can go up and get a post-ball, he’s going to get open in the interior routes. He’s good in the screen game. He’s just a good player.
“He’s a very selfless individual who will mold well with the culture that’s already being created. His work ethic is good. He is a likeable kid and is easy to have a conversation with. People love being around the young man.”
-- Jody Grant, Bentonville High School HC

HOW NIMROD FITS IN WITH THE VOLS?
Like most athletes who sign on to SEC programs, Nimrod is usually the best athlete on the field every game. The wideout lines up everywhere – outside, slot, skinny slot, tandems, etc. – and is dangerous in the down-the-field passing game. The new Tennessee commit has long strides, shows good speed and does a nice job adjusting to the ball.
The 2022 prospect may be equally as impressive when the ball is not in his hands. Nimrod does a great job of blocking down the field and on the edge for his fellow teammates and continues his route – climbing and creating depth – when he’s not the primary target across the field. From there, he’s always an option when the play breaks down or when the quarterback evades the pocket.
Nimrod is also a threat on special teams as film shows him taking several kickoffs back for six. He displays great vision in finding a run-lane and accelerates though in a hurry. When teams try and squib the kickoff, he does a nice job fielding the ball and getting what he can. Sometimes, he finds an opening there too. The new Tennessee commit is also a great blocker in the return game, pancaking a few screamers on occasion.
During the private workout with Kodi Burns last weekend, the position coach describedNimrod as ‘twitchy’ and ‘coachable’ and a wideout who can ‘stretch the field vertically.’

WHAT DOES A CHARLES NIMROD COMMITMENT MEAN FOR TENNESSEE?
Tennessee now has three wide receiver commits in the class as Nimrod joins
Marquarius White and
Cameron Miller. We believe Tennessee could take as many as four wideouts in the class – but it has to make sense. The class’s quarterback,
Tayven Jackson, now has five skilled-position players with him in the class to go along with four offensive linemen who are Knoxville bound.

Burns, who is also a native of the Neutral State, was instrumental in bringing on Nimrod as he’s been in contact with the prospect for the past few weeks. Finally seeing him in person go through drills, it didn’t take long for the offer to roll in.
“Coach Burns is form Arkansas and has come through the same thing I have and has been successful,” Nimrod told Volquest last week. “It [offer] means a lot because I cam here and earned it. It’s Tennessee. It’s a dream come true and they are in the SEC.”
The 2022 talent will have a bevy of returners at the position when he arrives for fall camp a year from now. Depending on how current Vol wideouts utilize the extra [COVID] year, Tennessee may only lose Velus Jones and JaVonta Payton, but there’s always the possibility of more.
Nimrod will have the opportunity to come in and compete for snaps in the wide receiver-friendly offense.

VN Store

Back