AR-15 Builders

so the gun shop I frequent just got in a shipment of Barretts. Including 2 50s with the 10 round box magazine. :drool:

so the gun shop I frequent just got in a shipment of Barretts. Including 2 50s with the 10 round box magazine. :drool:

When my wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday I said goto Barrett and get me a 50, she looked them up online and texted me a picture of a 2 carat Solitare ring and said" I don't think this would look good on you"

When my wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday I said goto Barrett and get me a 50, she looked them up online and texted me a picture of a 2 carat Solitare ring and said" I don't think this would look good on you"

Sounds like the Barrett would be cheaper than a wife.

Seems like an easy decision.

I can't believe you let my half hearted attempt at an insult pass you by.

I didn't.

I wasn't sure if this was the appropriate forum to declare "funny, your wife said the same thing. Though, I'm not sure about using Astroglide on an AR."

That could be taken wrong, so I didn't post it.

I didn't.

I wasn't sure if this was the appropriate forum to declare "funny, your wife said the same thing. Though, I'm not sure about using Astroglide on an AR."

That could be taken wrong, so I didn't post it.

That was a very inappropriate response. You take that back.

That was a very inappropriate response. You take that back.

What is there to take back? I merely mentioned had I responded, that might have been what I might have said. But since I didn't retort to your post, it was never mentioned. Hence, we're still good.

What is there to take back? I merely mentioned had I responded, that might have been what I might have said. But since I didn't retort to your post, it was never mentioned. Hence, we're still good.

Don't make me sick Volprof or Huff on you.

She gets the new car and 95% choice on our new house, I deserve something I don't need but I'm a man so I actually need a rifle with capabilities like the Barrett .50 bmg. We find compromise.

She gets the new car and 95% choice on our new house, I deserve something I don't need but I'm a man so I actually need a rifle with capabilities like the Barrett .50 bmg. We find compromise.

Compromise means you get a Savage Mk II .22 LR.

(Which is actually a decent shooter)

My 300 aac pistol doesn't cycle, I only got 10 rounds out of it, 10.5" barrel,carbine length gas system(di) ,Midwest industries extended buffer tube, I bought the memo arms spring hoping that will resolve my issues.

I only shot supers out of it so far, I left my subs and deer season rounds at home.
It's definitely short stroking, it ejected the first round fully but failed to load the next, it is well oiled.

When I finished my Adams arms piston rifle I put 100 rounds through it before it would cycle properly while playing with the gas system.

How do I tell if I'm out running the bc? Or just Under gassed?

Should I look for any signs on the brass to tell me anything?

I came here first instead of ar15.com due to so many threads regaurding 300 aac
I'm sure Grand has an idea.
Please? And thank you!

My 300 aac pistol doesn't cycle, I only got 10 rounds out of it, 10.5" barrel,carbine length gas system(di) ,Midwest industries extended buffer tube, I bought the memo arms spring hoping that will resolve my issues.

I only shot supers out of it so far, I left my subs and deer season rounds at home.
It's definitely short stroking, it ejected the first round fully but failed to load the next, it is well oiled.

When I finished my Adams arms piston rifle I put 100 rounds through it before it would cycle properly while playing with the gas system.

Please? And thank you!

I had the opposite problem from my 300. I had to go to a stronger buffer spring and heavier buffer. I do have a pistol length gas tube. I would check gas block alignment.

Please? And thank you!

Sounds undergassed. What kind of barrel are you running?

Sounds undergassed. What kind of barrel are you running?

10.5" ballistic advantage w carbine length gas tube , I do have a standard buffer spring on the extended buffer tube, I was unaware I would need a different spring when I bought the Midwest industries buffer tube for use with a sig brace, and it makes the OAL 26" so I can use a front grip

10.5" ballistic advantage w carbine length gas tube , I do have a standard buffer spring on the extended buffer tube, I was unaware I would need a different spring when I bought the Midwest industries buffer tube for use with a sig brace, and it makes the OAL 26" so I can use a front grip

Can't do the whole 26 inch rule with an SBR rifle and/or pistol, just that you know. The Sig brace was ruled by the ATF to not be a stock (even though they knew it would be used as one) so it's somewhat of a loophole in the law. Either way, using the Brace as a stock and adding in that 10.5 inch barrel makes it an SBR category weapon and you'd need the tax stamp for the lower. Can't use a foregrip on "pistols" either, regardless of length.

Anyway, it does sound like the timing might be off instead of being undergassed. Try a Springco Blue or White along with an H2 buffer.

Can't do the whole 26 inch rule with an SBR rifle and/or pistol, just that you know. The Sig brace was ruled by the ATF to not be a stock (even though they knew it would be used as one) so it's somewhat of a loophole in the law. Either way, using the Brace as a stock and adding in that 10.5 inch barrel makes it an SBR category weapon and you'd need the tax stamp for the lower. Can't use a foregrip on "pistols" either, regardless of length.

Anyway, it does sound like the timing might be off instead of being undergassed. Try a Springco Blue or White along with an H2 buffer.

The latest letter from 2011 says is can't be vertical, 26 or longer it's ok to have the angles one just not vertical. I've done lots of research and the magpul angled grip is good to go

Attachments

• IMG_9677.jpg
    IMG_9677.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3
Thanks grand I've got an h2 buffer, and I'll try the spring, after inspecting the spent casings they seem fine nothing other marks from when they jammed.

WHats really confusing is the fact I'm using a lower I finished from an 80% blank, I know I cannot transfer it unless I register it with a serial number , and registering as aow does it need a tax stamp? There's no clear laws on that particularly.

You can buy the super shorty shotgun that's registered and built as a shotgun pistol and sold as AOW

The latest letter from 2011 says is can't be vertical, 26 or longer it's ok to have the angles one just not vertical. I've done lots of research and the magpul angled grip is good to go

Ah, didn't realize it was an AFG.

https://www.nosler.com/22-nosler/

After I get this 300 aac under control, my next build will definitely be a 22 Nosler on the ar platform!

I know it's expensive to shoot, but wow the ballistics are incredible, I wanted a .243 or 22-250 something along those lines in an AR and I found this 22 Nosler.

Takes a 6.8 spc mag and a .22 Nosler barrel. So not to much to change.

Radical firearms makes a complete upper480$ and complete rifle 780$

Seems like a lot of fun.

VN Store

Back