AR-15 Builders

Very well could be the same optic with a different name as Primary Arms probably buys from the same company that makes the Holosun. However, if the PA breaks within the warranty period, they will replace it for free or, if they have upgraded the model, they replace it with the upgraded type. Free of course.

I've just come to trust Primary Arms and have heard far too many success stories about their products over the years. Your choice, but I'd honestly trust them over a brand I didn't know.
So after reading a little more, my understanding is that Holosun is the manufacturer of PA, and decided to get in the retail game themselves with the same optic. I may still go the PA route given their customer service history.

The window of opportunity is closing for our country to fight back.

Well PRK(peoples Republik of Kalifornia) has a chance to vote out the new legislation by fuhrer Brown this election year, they need 365k signatures of state residents to have the laws plced on the ballot

Wish I would have picked one up while they were in stock. Not that I need it right now, but will do a build in the future and $50 seems like a great deal.
That seems to be the going rate if you can find them. I haven't seen any available inventory in several days now. I put a couple back a couple of weeks ago for future builds. I'm guessing this election has gotten everybody freaked out. Went to a gun show yesterday and the line to get in was wrapped around the building.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-magpul-moe-lower-build-kit-black-american-eagle-223-55gr-fmjbt-ammo-1000rds.html

Looks like a solid deal here for someone doing a budget build. 1000 rounds of AE .223 and a PSA Magpul MOE lower parts kit for for $380. I mean if you figure the ammo would probably cost $320 on a good day, get a stripped lower for $60 or so and find an upper for $250 you have a decent AR for under $400.

Last edited:
Headed out to shoot today, hopefully. Going to shoot that long range AR I built. I just got that Vertex scope I ordered a couple of months ago. Going to try and sight it in. Also, just finished my 300 BO build and will be shooting it as well. Be firing off a few rounds through my new 7-1/2", 300 BO upper through my pistol lower that will become an SBR when the ATF gives their thumbs up.

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't get to go shoot yesterday as thunderstorms rolled in as I was getting my stuff together.

I decided to go out in the back yard tonight and shoot. I don't have anything long range setup but I can shoot 30 yards or so.

I shot both my new builds, both 300 BO one carbine (16") with a pistol length gas system and one pistol with a 10.5" barrel.

Both shot great and fed beautifully. The only issues I had were:

The pistol must be over gassed as it shot the brass about 10 behind me on about a 45 degree angle from the gun. Would a stouter buffer help with this?

The rifle ejected the brass almost 90 degrees so I'd say it's about right. The only thing with it was it was bending the very end of the brass. It was just bending it up around where the projectile is seated. Is this an issue?

Went to the gun show here in Greensboro NC Sat. Tons and tons of AR's there. I felt a bit over priced, but that's because I've become accustom to buying mine in parts and assembling them myself. One thing I started to notice was a slight mismatch between upper and lower, shown in picture. None of the big named AR makers were like this. But a ton of the lower end AR's were like this one or worse. Does this bother anyone else or, let me ask this. If you saw this would you offer to buy it at a lower price?

missmatch.jpg

I didn't get to go shoot yesterday as thunderstorms rolled in as I was getting my stuff together.

I decided to go out in the back yard tonight and shoot. I don't have anything long range setup but I can shoot 30 yards or so.

I shot both my new builds, both 300 BO one carbine (16") with a pistol length gas system and one pistol with a 10.5" barrel.

Both shot great and fed beautifully. The only issues I had were:

The pistol must be over gassed as it shot the brass about 10 behind me on about a 45 degree angle from the gun. Would a stouter buffer help with this?

The rifle ejected the brass almost 90 degrees so I'd say it's about right. The only thing with it was it was bending the very end of the brass. It was just bending it up around where the projectile is seated. Is this an issue?

Bump for Grand or others.

This might have already been mentioned, but what are our experts' opinion of Ruger's AR-556? Sportsman's Guide had them around $450 recently and I've heard great things about them. This is their direct impingement offering. Seems like a steal and I have a high regard for Ruger.

This might have already been mentioned, but what are our experts' opinion of Ruger's AR-556? Sportsman's Guide had them around $450 recently and I've heard great things about them. This is their direct impingement offering. Seems like a steal and I have a high regard for Ruger.

Entry level AR with no real bells and whistles. Not a bad thing, just get what you get for a soda can popper.

For a weekend blaster, it's not going to hurt anything.

Would it be a solid base to start off and swap out or build up to the rig of choice? I have toyed with the idea of building one, but this is the whole meal for what I've seen just parts go for. Plus, its a US made Ruger.

Looking at buying first AR. Looking at a M&P 15 FDE. Earlier on in this thread, I noticed GV recommended a Colt over a S&W. I can get this for just under $700. Is it worth it, and would anyone care to give me your opinion on the S&W AR's? TIA

Would it be a solid base to start off and swap out or build up to the rig of choice? I have toyed with the idea of building one, but this is the whole meal for what I've seen just parts go for. Plus, its a US made Ruger.

How much are you planning on shooting?

How much are you planning on shooting?

Once sighted in, less than a box a month; if that much.

The barrel isn't chromed and is 1 in 8 twist. I presume that would figure in how fast you wear the barrel out?

Stuff like that is where the "good base to start off" comes in. My thinking is I can upgrade the things like that if need be.

VN Store

Back