Appreciation for Vescovi

We will miss SV more than anyone IMO. My brother slams on him all the time for some reason. He and I have agreed to not discuss it. I think he’ll go down in Vol history with some of our greatest shooters. BUT…I’m not convinced that’s his greatest contribution to this team. Coach Barnes said he ask Santi at the under 4 TO what he wanted to do. Santi told him “let’s play great defense rest of the way and win this game”! That tells you what CRB thinks about him. He feels the same way about JJJ too.

I can’t think of any rational reason to slam on SV. The dude plays hard every time out and you can’t ask for anything more than that.

Plus, he is a strong contributor to the success of this team. And his pluses way outweigh any deficiencies.

This guy has the heart of a lion. Toughness, a motor that never stops, defends the best opposing players, huge minutes…just wow. That rebound he got at the end of the first half in traffic on 4 Duke players was emblematic of what he brings.

If this is the last season we see him in orange…thank you Santi.

My thoughts exactly. Santi is probably the MVP of this season and maybe last season, too. Can you imagine what we would have been like without him?

This guy has the heart of a lion. Toughness, a motor that never stops, defends the best opposing players, huge minutes…just wow. That rebound he got at the end of the first half in traffic on 4 Duke players was emblematic of what he brings.

That heart gets him in trouble but he was definitely on the positive side today and usually is

Reactions: BACKDOC

Heart can overcome a lot of physical limitations. He's gonna be missed. What's funny is that as I watched Princeton, I had the thought that he'd be a perfect guy for their roster. Not the greatest athlete, but he's smart, knows how to play the game, tenacious and can shoot it.

I've been a Santi fan ever since he stepped foot on campus in January 2020 to help a struggling team that lost Lamonte Turner.

Last edited:
Teams know that the only way to beat Tennessee is to take Vescovi out of the game,other players are gonna have to step up their game!Go Vols!!

Reactions: BreatheUT
Teams know that the only way to beat Tennessee is to take Vescovi out of the game,other players are gonna have to step up their game!Go Vols!!

The good news if you can call it that is the ZZ injury has forced UT to have to put the ball in Vescovi's hands more again. He's not off the ball and being denied the ball as much.

Reactions: Tnphil
I said before the game, we needed 38 minutes from him. He gave us 38 and 14 points. Unrelenting, pesky defender and rebounder. I’m ready for JJJ to step up and have 24/10 in our next outing.
Santi is a Dawg!!! I have no doubt JJJ has the heart because he is obviously playing hurt but don’t know if he can dominate a game right now. Poor young man can barely get the lift to dunk easily. But like almost all Barnes guys they never quit. So glad both of them are Vols!

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Maybe his shoulder is 100%. It was just a couple of weeks ago when he was knocked to the floor in a game and looked to be in a lot of pain.

VN Store

Back