Appears that an asst coach and Niedermeyer may be the guilty asst coaches in recruiting violations

OrangeBeachVol

Just trying to connect some dots from some of the info out there. Hard to do with all the rumors going on but these are the 2 asst's whos contracts expire either end of Feb. I believe, and TN is making no moves to negotiate new contracts with either of them. Another article said both of them are contacting other schools. So not sure how much truth to this is but these 2 may be the guilty culprits that kicked off this investigation.

Again, before this is picked apart, just trying to connect some facts to see if we can make sense of something. And yes it is a fact that their contracts expire very soon and no negotiations are scheduled to date. Connecting them to the recruiting violations is just my opinion.

Just trying to connect some dots from some of the info out there. Hard to do with all the rumors going on but these are the 2 asst's whos contracts expire either end of Feb. I believe, and TN is making no moves to negotiate new contracts with either of them. Another article said both of them are contacting other schools. So not sure how much truth to this is but these 2 may be the guilty culprits that kicked off this investigation.

Again, before this is picked apart, just trying to connect some facts to see if we can make sense of something. And yes it is a fact that their contracts expire very soon and no negotiations are scheduled to date. Connecting them to the recruiting violations is just my opinion.
Links to said article(s)?

Nieds has NCAA issues for sure. Tee's contract expires in 2 weeks and he is looking for a spot to land.

UT is going after Friend's buyout (about $50K) for leaving a month before his contract expired. That may be why Tee hasn't signed anywhere yet.

Reactions: UTwild82

Nieds is going to be a big loss, whether he cheated or not

How do you know this?

If this were truly the case he wouldn't be working here.

Tee has to land a job first. He isn't going to just quit the job that pays him until he has another lined up. On the flip side, there isn't any reason to fire him since Tee's contract is up at the end of the month. Not to mention the backlash Pruitt would get from firing Tee from the general public. It's really not that difficult to see why Tee is still around.

Pruitt is a horrible manager of people and that is his biggest downfall as a HC. He goes on tirades, has threatened to fire multiple coaches on the sidelines this year during games, and is just horrible to work for. Pruitt fired Brumbaugh because Brumbaugh mouthed back to Pruitt after he was tired of getting yelled at all the time.

Tee has to land a job first. He isn't going to just quit the job that pays him until he has another lined up. On the flip side, there isn't any reason to fire him since Tee's contract is up at the end of the month. Not to mention the backlash Pruitt would get from firing Tee from the general public. It's really not that difficult to see why Tee is still around.

Pruitt is a horrible manager of people and that is his biggest downfall as a HC. He goes on tirades, has threatened to fire multiple coaches on the sidelines this year during games, and is just horrible to work for. Pruitt fired Brumbaugh because Brumbaugh mouthed back to Pruitt after he was tired of getting yelled at all the time.
I think T will be back if/once Pruitt is fired

The rumor at one point was that Tee is the one who brought the allegations to light, but who knows. It'll get resolved in due time. We need to be careful not to unintentionally spread baseless rumors... sometimes making public guesses can lead to that so let's just wait and see how it plays out. Don't forget that there are families involved here.

Last edited:
The rumor at one point was that Tee is the one who brought the allegations to light, but who knows. It'll get resolved in due time. We need to be careful not to unintentionally spread baseless rumors... sometimes making public guesses can lead to that so let's just want and see how it plays out. Don't forget that there are families involved here.
we are at the point where that would be the best thing Tee has done for the university lol

i know its been said but it bears repeating: we were cheating and still got destroyed. that's all time incompetent. and pruitt is still somehow head baw coach
Everybody in the SEC (even Vandy) cheats. Bama, LSU and Georgia are just better at it than most.

There’s no indication Tee is one of those being investigated so I wish the thread title would be changed. All it takes is for a pseudo journalist to see the thread title and go to Twitter with it.
I think Tees contract hasn’t been renewed yet is for other reasons.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
Everybody in the SEC (even Vandy) cheats. Bama, LSU and Georgia are just better at it than most.
This.
If UT even attempts to fire Pruitt with cause for improper benefits to get out of paying his buyout we will never get a decent coach interested in the job. He will be paid according to his contract.
An extended court battle would dig up bones that are best left buried.

Reactions: tbones0711

VN Store

Back