Appalachian State Postgame Report

I think one thing that surprised me was just how good Anosike was defensively. He switched out on guards several times last night and more than held his own. Very pleasant surprise imo. Jo's shot looked much better last night, but he's got to find consistency there. The previous games it look really bad, this game it looked really good. Still just game 3 so hopefully he'll figure that out. I thought everyone played well and I was happy that Uros got some run in, and he at least looked okay out there. Really affected them on defense.

I think one thing that surprised me was just how good Anosike was defensively. He switched out on guards several times last night and more than held his own. Very pleasant surprise imo. Jo's shot looked much better last night, but he's got to find consistency there. The previous games it look really bad, this game it looked really good. Still just game 3 so hopefully he'll figure that out. I thought everyone played well and I was happy that Uros got some run in, and he at least looked okay out there. Really affected them on defense.
Spot on. EJA was all over the place defensively.

Reactions: golfballs
I thought Nkamhoua played very well defensively. These are definitely the games he needs to be playing in. I’m hopeful he’ll develop into a serviceable backup this season.

I thought Nkamhoua played very well defensively. These are definitely the games he needs to be playing in. I’m hopeful he’ll develop into a serviceable backup this season.
He was good in this one, and even showed a glimmer of offense in the final minutes. I am pretty discouraged at his rebounding, though. 22 minutes across 3 games and 0 boards for a guy who is 6-8, 225 lbs.

Defensively, my only concern is foul trouble with Pons and Fulkerson. We have no drop off on the perimeter when the the bench comes in but a dramatic difference in the post.

Reactions: you
you can tell they're still trying to put the correct combination on the floor for scoring. They're still searching for their rhythm on offense. Pons is rusty on the offensive side.

The announcers said that App St. was a defensive minded team, and you could tell. It's hard to give them any praise when you see the score, but they didn't look half bad against our set offense.

VN Store

Back