Apologies to APSU. I never knew.

Dirty dirty team. I hope they never get another invite. I rewatched the game, it’s even worse than I originally thought. They don’t play football the right way. They tried to hurt guys. Chop blocks, blind side blocks, extra after the whistle. TRASH

Reactions: OrangeBloodinTN
He actually had a Red Bull injection machine strapped to his back with refill canisters changing every 5 to 7 minutes.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Ha! With the 37-3 Memphis loss yesterday, the fighting Botch Jones' find themselves outscored 110-3 so far this season! Champions of life, or is it light yellow pee 🤣🤣🤣 There are already "who will replace Butch" articles being written.

I didn’t know Arkansas State, could even have a hot seat?
Are we sure about this?
Arkansas State?

Screw Austin Peay…. Dirty, rotten bastards
I re-watched the game yesterday. They came prepared. They executed in the first half. We didn't. I'd rather give them kudos for a good game plan and good execution than act like a sour winner.

I re-watched the game yesterday. They came prepared. They executed in the first half. We didn't. I'd rather give them kudos for a good game plan and good execution than act like a sour winner.
They did come prepared, but they also played dirty. Trying to injure another teams players who isn’t a rival in a game that will have zero bearing on your season is just sorry as hell.

Their coach reminded me of Butch with all his cheerleading moves on the sidelines after calling time outs & before the offense would go on the field.

I saw a lot of Shane Beamer in him more than even Butch. His antics reminded me directly of the 2021 USCjr game here, with Beamer spending more time on the field than off.

I’ll say his timeout management was a sight to behold.

I actually got that, to be honest. Listen, his plan was very simple - do whatever was necessary to make the final score 'respectable'. He damn well knew that 'saving' timeouts for the closing minutes was pointless, as this was never going to be a one or two score game late, so he made sure to use them in spots where a stoppage might be advantageous.

The fact that it was 'only' a three-score game was a testament to our ultra-vanilla plan, a 'looking ahead' attitude on our part, and them playing to 'not get blown out'.

Maybe
But his antics and exuberance definitely will hamper his opportunities. I would assume some decorum and appearance of self control would typically be preferred by most ADs
Yes, to an established program, he's a madman.

But to a stagnant program and an AD who needs to bring fans back to the stadium to fill seats... he's a player's coach and to their fans, a populist.

What impressed me was that there was sound football planning accomplished before his on-field antics. I also wonder if he feels like he doesn't currently have the staff he wants. He looked like a guy who believed it was all on him to pull off a miracle upset.

Reactions: tbh
I saw a lot of Shane Beamer in him more than even Butch. His antics reminded me directly of the 2021 USCjr game here, with Beamer spending more time on the field than off.
a lot of similarities between those 3

Too bad you are not judged on close losses against good teams but rather wins against teams they should beat.

If Austin Peay's coach was GOOD, he would have played Southern Illinois with the same energy as Tennessee and may have won that game instead of losing 49-23 in an ugly blowout.

When I was growing up in Middle Tennessee, Vandy did this crap all of the time. They would play Florida or Tennessee close but then lose to UK, Duke, etc.

I always thought if they brought the same energy that they had against Spurrier or Fulmer's teams against the weaker teams on their schedule, they might get to 6 wins and go to a bowl. (This was before James Franklin).

To be fair, we shouldn't be scheduling them. We should have had a second ACC or Big12 team on our schedule (or Pac12). Or better yet, go to 9 SEC games.

Reactions: EasternVol

VN Store

Back