Apollo 11 (50th Anniversary) Specials

CagleMtnVol

As we get closer to the 50th Anniversary date of the Apollo 11 mission for those of us interested there is a boat load of network specials about to hit the airways beginning tonight on National Geographic with Apollo: Missions to the Moon.

Beginning tomorrow night through Wednesday night is a three night special from PBS American Experience...
Chasing the Moon.

Check you your local listings for exact time and other showings.

Mars: Inside SpaceX (Tuesday, July 9, National Geographic)
Apollo: Back to the Moon (Tuesday, July 9, National Geographic)
NOVA: Back to the Moon (Wednesday, July 10, PBS)
Moon Landing: The Lost Tapes (Sunday, July 14, History Channel)

8 Days: To the Moon and Back (Wednesday, July 17, PBS)
NASA’s Giant Leaps: Past and Future: Celebrating Apollo 50th As We Go Forward to the Moon (1PMET, Friday, July 19, Science Channel)
Wonders of the Moon (Friday, July 19, BBC America)

Apollo: The Forgotten Films (Saturday, July 20, Discovery Channel)
Moon Landing Live (Saturday, July 20, BBC America)
Confessions from Space (Saturday, July 20, Discovery Channel)

There will be lots of other shows dealing with Space Exploration in general before and after those listed especially on networks like Nat Geo, Discovery and Science Channel.

As we get closer to the 50th Anniversary date of the Apollo 11 mission for those of us interested there is a boat load of network specials about to hit the airways beginning tonight on National Geographic with Apollo: Missions to the Moon.

Beginning tomorrow night through Wednesday night is a three night special from PBS American Experience...
Chasing the Moon.

Check you your local listings for exact time and other showings.

Mars: Inside SpaceX (Tuesday, July 9, National Geographic)
Apollo: Back to the Moon (Tuesday, July 9, National Geographic)
NOVA: Back to the Moon (Wednesday, July 10, PBS)
Moon Landing: The Lost Tapes (Sunday, July 14, History Channel)

8 Days: To the Moon and Back (Wednesday, July 17, PBS)
NASA’s Giant Leaps: Past and Future: Celebrating Apollo 50th As We Go Forward to the Moon (1PMET, Friday, July 19, Science Channel)
Wonders of the Moon (Friday, July 19, BBC America)

Apollo: The Forgotten Films (Saturday, July 20, Discovery Channel)
Moon Landing Live (Saturday, July 20, BBC America)
Confessions from Space (Saturday, July 20, Discovery Channel)

There will be lots of other shows dealing with Space Exploration in general before and after those listed especially on networks like Nat Geo, Discovery and Science Channel.

There’s also a good podcast from BBC called 13 Minutes To The Moon.

I love all this stuff. Takes me back to when I was a little kid during the Apollo missions. I was sure I was gonna be an astronaut. That astronaut G.I.Joe (back when they were still 11” tall) was the coolest ever.

There’s also a good podcast from BBC called 13 Minutes To The Moon.

I love all this stuff. Takes me back to when I was a little kid during the Apollo missions. I was sure I was gonna be an astronaut. That astronaut G.I.Joe (back when they were still 11” tall) was the coolest ever.
Unfortunately I didn't come along until after Apollo but I've been hooked on NASA and space exploration since I was a kid.

CagleMtnVol: I know you know that there's a thread already for this type of Topic. It's called "Space Exploration". It's in the Politics Forum. We could just add our postings there in that thread and not be switching back & forth to see any new stuff added. I've always liked reading what you bring to each & to any topic you post in and by all means never stop. I mean no offense to what you want to do here.....was only thinking it would be easier.

CagleMtnVol: I know you know that there's a thread already for this type of Topic. It's called "Space Exploration". It's in the Politics Forum. We could just add our postings there in that thread and not be switching back & forth to see any new stuff added. I've always liked reading what you bring to each & to any topic you post in and by all means never stop. I mean no offense to what you want to do here.....was only thinking it would be easier.

Yeah but their are some who might be interested who don't go into the Politics forum and I thought the 50th Anniversary deserves it's on thread.

Yeah but their are some who might be interested who don't go into the Politics forum and I thought the 50th Anniversary deserves it's on thread.

lol I love that stuff but had no idea there was a Space Exploration thread. I won't set foot in the Politics Forum for anything. In fact, now that I know it's there, I still won't look at the Space Exploration thread because it's just not worth it.

Don't get me wrong though. Politics is interesting. People discussing politics is horrible.

I just finished the American Experience three-parter on the moon space program. It was fairly well done.

I was "out of town", i.e., S.E. Asia.
Whenever there's a trivia question about when something happened that my Dad doesn't know, he automatically answers 1969 because he spent the whole year "out of town".

Reactions: rs16

Why is that topic in the politics forum?

Anyone seen "First Man"

Good movie centered around Neil Armstrong leading up to the landing

VN Store

Back