AP Top 25 poll

chamiqueslilcuz

"Tennessee isn't ranked in the preseason for the first time since 1976, ending a 42-year streak. The Lady Vols, who saw their remarkable run of 565 weeks ranked in the poll end in 2016, fell out of the rankings Jan. 14 last season and didn't return to the Top 25. They changed coaches in the spring, bringing back former star Kellie Harper to coach the team. "

Oregon women No. 1 for 1st time in AP Top 25

Reactions: RollerVol
"Tennessee isn't ranked in the preseason for the first time since 1976, ending a 42-year streak. The Lady Vols, who saw their remarkable run of 565 weeks ranked in the poll end in 2016, fell out of the rankings Jan. 14 last season and didn't return to the Top 25. They changed coaches in the spring, bringing back former star Kellie Harper to coach the team. "

A shout out to Holly Warlick?🙄

After watching that bunch against CN last night.... Poor Ol Harper's gonna turn gray by mid-season. They aren't even average!

If they didn't have a size advantage of 6+ inches per player, The LV's would've had to fight to win that one!

Reactions: olddog
After watching that bunch against CN last night.... Poor Ol Harper's gonna turn gray by mid-season. They aren't even average!

If they didn't have a size advantage of 6+ inches per player, The LV's would've had to fight to win that one!
Let’s give the current team and the new coach some time to get this ship turned around. Holly spent a lot of time and effort running it into the ground.

Go Lady Vols!

Let's pump our brakes a little here. If KJH had left, ZG,RD,JH,RB, and either of the bigs in, we would have busted the scoreboard. Go Lady Vols!

I'm hoping our outside shooters such as Jess will settle down and be able to open up the inside for us. We were getting some good looks from the corners. Jess shoots that flatfooted semi-set-shot that seems to be her natural style. Maybe that's why she's been working on elevating her arc.

Jess also seemed to have trouble inbounding the ball (height issue?), and Rennia got really sloppy on that one turnover when she practically handed the ball to CN player in backcourt.

Hopefully, the unforced errors will be pinpointed in film sessions. Some of those deserve an old-fashioned butt-chewing if they don't get cleaned up fast. It's early, but team leader(s) and returning vets have to set the tone for accountability.

Don't remember exactly, but I believe Rennia owned the screwup by pounding her chest flat-handed. If they can own mistakes and bow up instead of hanging heads, we'll be all right.

Good!

If Coach Harper can bring it back from the dead,,,top 25 would have meant we were still breathing

Reactions: Chippo
I'm hoping our outside shooters such as Jess will settle down and be able to open up the inside for us. We were getting some good looks from the corners.

Jess seemed to have trouble inbounding the ball, and Rennia got really sloppy on that one turnover when she practically handed the ball to CN player in backcourt.

Hopefully, the unforced errors will be pinpointed in film sessions. Some of those deserve an old-fashioned butt-chewing if they don't get cleaned up fast. It's early, but team leader(s) and returning vets have to set the tone for accountability.

Don't remember exactly, but I believe Rennia owned the screwup by pounding her chest flat-handed. If they can own mistakes and bow up instead of hanging heads, we'll be all right.

These girls need to learn flow before they learn motion.
If there's no flow, there no motion

Gifts of H.Warlick that keeps on giving!!!!

We gotta earn our place back in the top 25, imo. Being unranked right now is well deserved. I think we will get back into the top, if not this season than next for sure.

Reactions: Putbacks

You must not of listened to the press conference. That game was for learning opportunities. In a game situation that cause for fight, I’m certain CKH would not have the whole bench playing those necessary minutes. I’m sure she has basketball 101 down pack. Had her play makers got into a rhythm, that would of been a whole different game.

I take no pride in my prediction many years ago when HW was announced as the head coach....the LadyVols would take a drastic decline.

And I take no pride in the prediction that Kellie Harper is NOT the answer for the future. I guess time will tell. Let us hope the story is not the same as HW.

I take no pride in my prediction many years ago when HW was announced as the head coach....the LadyVols would take a drastic decline.

And I take no pride in the prediction that Kellie Harper is NOT the answer for the future. I guess time will tell. Let us hope the story is not the same as HW.
You were right about Holly, but I strongly disagree with you on Kellie. Kellie will do just fine this year. I know it didn't show in the CN game. She will get the right 6 to 8 players playing together and they will win a lot of games and some Tennessee should not win this year. As always go Lady Vol's.

You were right about Holly, but I strongly disagree with you on Kellie. Kellie will do just fine this year. I know it didn't show in the CN game. She will get the right 6 to 8 players playing together and they will win a lot of games and some Tennessee should not win this year. As always go Lady Vol's.

I truly hope I am WRONG and you are right.....!!!

I wouldn't say that too loudly negavol...

I truly hope I am WRONG and you are right.....!!!

That's fair. Fans can be skeptical and have their own opinions while still wanting this staff and group of current (and future) players to be successful and restore the program. Even the most optimistic can simultaneously be realistic about the need for patience.

If this past decade has taught all of us anything, it's to temper our expectations while expecting to see professionalism, steady improvement, and effort that reflects well on this storied program and its legacy of excellence.

If we can't have immediate success (major upsets) and look very average at times, maybe we can focus on that steady improvement and looking for a rise in the rankings and a good post-season showing. That may require us to buy in to the process even if we see occasional setbacks...as long as we see weaknesses addressed, strengths maximized, and maturing of players.

Go Lady Vols!

P.S. Really enjoying all of the enthusiasm, analysis, spirited debate, etc. in the forum. Great group of fans/friends.

That's fair. Fans can be skeptical and have their own opinions while still wanting this staff and group of current (and future) players to be successful and restore the program. Even the most optimistic can simultaneously be realistic about the need for patience.

If this past decade has taught all of us anything, it's to temper our expectations while expecting to see professionalism, steady improvement, and effort that reflects well on this storied program and its legacy of excellence.

If we can't have immediate success (major upsets) and look very average at times, maybe we can focus on that steady improvement and looking for a rise in the rankings and a good post-season showing. That may require us to buy in to the process even if we see occasional setbacks...as long as we see weaknesses addressed, strengths maximized, and maturing of players.

Go Lady Vols!

P.S. Really enjoying all of the enthusiasm, analysis, spirited debate, etc. in the forum. Great group of fans/friends.
Great post Creekdipper

VN Store

Back