AP story about SEC's stability

I tend to agree with Landers statement. The SEC regularly had multiple teams in the FF, E8. Lately it’s been MSU and SC, who were the worst teams in the league years back. Other programs have replaced the SEC powers at the top of the line and the coaching and player talent is spread around in other places.

A&M has won a NC since UT last won (think about that) although they were in the Big 12 then. They look to be the most likely contender to knock off SC and MSU this season and possibly take that next step

I tend to agree with Landers statement. The SEC regularly had multiple teams in the FF, E8. Lately it’s been MSU and SC, who were the worst teams in the league years back. Other programs have replaced the SEC powers at the top of the line and the coaching and player talent is spread around in other places.

A&M has won a NC since UT last won (think about that) although they were in the Big 12 then. They look to be the most likely contender to knock off SC and MSU this season and possibly take that next step
Still think A&M and Missouri should have
stayed in Big 12. Some people made big
money off that switch.

Reactions: olddog
"In our league, you get opportunity to be successful," South Carolina coach Dawn Staley said. "Our AD's (athletic directors) and administrators give us an opportunity to be successful by keeping us around a little longer. They understand that it's really hard in our league. It's really, really hard. It takes a program 3-4-5 years to start seeing the pendulum move a little bit."

That is more so true of a cellar dweller program.

When Dawn started with SC they were 10–18 overall, 2–12 SEC, 11th SEC
When Vic took over at MS they were 13–17 overall, 5–11 SEC, SECT-11th

Kellie inherits team 19-13 overall, 7-9 SEC and 8th in SEC with a very good roster
Our turnaround should begin this year and not take more than 3 to reach top ten consistently

imnsho, Dean was NOT a good assistant at all. He took all star talent and turned it into no talent regularly. All the posts he coached after Pat were soft and dare I say, "lazy":

Reactions: NoBackBoard
imnsho, Dean was NOT a good assistant at all. He took all star talent and turned it into no talent regularly. All the posts he coached after Pat were soft and dare I say, "lazy":
Thank you I didn't really know

"In our league, you get opportunity to be successful," South Carolina coach Dawn Staley said. "Our AD's (athletic directors) and administrators give us an opportunity to be successful by keeping us around a little longer. They understand that it's really hard in our league. It's really, really hard. It takes a program 3-4-5 years to start seeing the pendulum move a little bit."

That is more so true of a cellar dweller program.

When Dawn started with SC they were 10–18 overall, 2–12 SEC, 11th SEC
When Vic took over at MS they were 13–17 overall, 5–11 SEC, SECT-11th

Kellie inherits team 19-13 overall, 7-9 SEC and 8th in SEC with a very good roster
Our turnaround should begin this year and not take more than 3 to reach top ten consistently

I agree the turnaround should begin this year. Remember she was giving the job without any other coach being interview for the position.

I agree. All of his post players appeared to have many of the same issues, not utilizing their often height advantage, not playing above their heads, literally, because they started their shot from their midsection, inability to convert even a routine layup, lack of toughness, would often bring a rebound so low a 5' 6" guard could slap at it, getting shots blocked by much shorter opponents. But, I saw nothing against CN that indicated any improvement.

VN Store

Back