Anyone Still Simping for Lane

unfrozencvmanvol

Nico came, he saw, he conquered.
Is pathetic. Kiffin quotes from this Chris Low article:

"It's kinda like an ex when they say, 'Oh, I'm really over him or over her,' and then when they see a person with their new wife or husband, meaning football team in this case, they lose their mind and go crazy," Kiffin said. "Maybe that has something to do with it.

'Take that, you 100,000 fans.'"

'Welcome to my world': Behind the scenes of Lane Kiffin's raucous Tennessee homecoming

Reactions: SmokeyLives
Is pathetic. Kiffin quotes from this Chris Low article:

"It's kinda like an ex when they say, 'Oh, I'm really over him or over her,' and then when they see a person with their new wife or husband, meaning football team in this case, they lose their mind and go crazy," Kiffin said. "Maybe that has something to do with it.

'Take that, you 100,000 fans.'"

'Welcome to my world': Behind the scenes of Lane Kiffin's raucous Tennessee homecoming
I agree. I don't really understand it. No one in that student section vividly remembers Lane's time here. I'm 25, and I barely remember it. I was 13 at the time, so I think it's just one of those "cool things" to do. Lane handled it remarkably well, because that's the role that he thrives in. Just like pro wrestling, the "heel" (bad guy) always loves their job more when the crowd is actively booing.

The poor officiating, trash tossing, and Lane’s return to Knoxville overshadowed a good competitive game IMO. I am not one for moral victories ever because it always sucks to lose. We had a shot but came up short. I know some might be disappointed but the Vols left everything on the field based on what I saw. I thought Ole Miss would win because they have a future 1st round QB leading their team and a coach in his second year facing an opposing coach in his first year. Heupel is building this program and the team is improving & competing. GBO!!

First and foremost, nothing should ever be thrown at or onto the field during a game. Having said that, Lane set this whole mess in motion. The ridiculous amount of flopping (cheating) that he coached his players to do over the course of the game, enraged people and they finally snapped.

It will never happen, but Sankey should have his ass on the carpet for coaching his players to do that crap..

Reactions: 90 Vol and 24/7vol
Kiffin is an immature, narcissistic, POS boy-man and will never change.

I can give him credit for being a good football coach but he sucks as a human.

His nonstop tweaking of this fan base for the last decade screams attention whore and he knew exactly what he was doing the past week.

Like a 5 year old kid teasing the dog to the point of getting bit. He nearly got bit on the a$$ big time Saturday night and you could see it on his face those last couple of plays.

I'm with the kid in the article who said he'd rather have Heuple than Kiffin--and I would. I think in the end we'll see that CJH will be a more stable and overall successful coach. When all is said and done, character will win out over showmanship and self-promotion. CJH just needs a couple of good classes.

Big congratulations to Chris Low for writing an article that simultaneously craps on Tennessee while puffing up that narcissistic piece of garbage. Good job, Chris. Good job.

I’m one who never understood the attention given to Kiffin in general, and by UT fans in particular. He’s a good Offensive coach. At this point, I’d rather have Heupel. (I hope I still feel that way in 3-4 years!) Kiffin is a good coach, but UT can and should do better than him.

I was only disappointed at the TIMING when Kiffin left UT, a few weeks before Signing Day. But the timing wasn’t in his control. And I didn’t appreciate Kiffin replacing UT pictures/banners with USC pictures of Reggie Bush/others in the UT football bldgs. I would have been just fine if Kiffin left UT a month later, after Signing Day (assuming new recruits didn’t bail on his replacement).

VN Store

Back