Anyone see this article? Sorry if already posted

All facts Fulkerson has to lead this team man. Now if covid is affecting his endurance or holding him back that's different.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
This is why Plav. played the bulk of the minutes in the second half. If Fulky doesn’t turn it around, don’t be surprised if Plav. is starting.

This is why Plav. played the bulk of the minutes in the second half. If Fulky doesn’t turn it around, don’t be surprised if Plav. is starting.
Uros can’t finish, got to go with BHH, Adoo…..somebody else. Love the effort and toughness. Jmho….got to retool this team. Josiah, Victor …..no help either. Neither can shoot…..french frosh on bench better shooter than both. Not all Fulky
gotta play more players and sort it out. Team is in same place it ended last year

Uros can’t finish, got to go with BHH, Adoo…..somebody else. Love the effort and toughness. Jmho….got to retool this team. Josiah, Victor …..no help either. Neither can shoot…..french frosh on bench better shooter than both. Not all Fulky
gotta play more players and sort it out. Team is in same place it ended last year

Listen to Barnes post game press conference. It’s all mental toughness, giving energy and effort, defense, and not making silly turnovers. Nothing about hitting shots.

If a defensive player lays a finger on Fulky it puts him off balance every single time. He just looks so awkward and un-athletic out there. Seems to always cause a turnover or a scramble for the ball.
Who's responsibility is it to get kids in the strength and conditioning program and to "coach them up?"
IMO, things typically start to go downhill when a stubborn coach starts looking for players to scapegoat.

Who's responsibility is it to get kids in the strength and conditioning program and to "coach them up?"
IMO, things typically start to go downhill when a stubborn coach starts looking for players to scapegoat.
I mean I guess none of this was my point or what I was trying to argue.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
This is a soft team whose most talented players are just kids and one and dones. Bad, bad mix in this conference. I honestly think that we'll have a better team when Aidoo, Mashack and the kid from Catholic are ready to take the floor. No offense to him, but when you're led by Fulkerson, you're in a bit of a pickle.

1 shot attempted in 17 minutes. Either he is disinterested in being assertive or he is having Covid related issues. Since he hasn’t brought anything to Barnes’ attention, one can presume he is just not asserting himself. Vescovi, Chandler, and Fulkerson need between 10-15 shot attempts each game for this team to be successful on offense. You need your three best players taking the majority of the shots.

Reactions: Native Orange
I read, re-read, and then read it again. I don't think it is so much throwing Fulky under the bus, just pretty much stating the truth. Looks like he puts a lot of trust in John as far as if he is ready to play. Who knows what the Rona has done to John. I have heard of many that have taken months to get over and even others that say the old thought process has not been the same as before (slower judgement) I think Fulky is willing to play the whole game, give his all. It looks as if Barnes trust Fulky enough to come forward, be honest as far as his health, and step aside for the good of the team at that moment until he is healthy enough. (I am not talking permanently either)

I mean I guess none of this was my point or what I was trying to argue.
Understood, and I wasn’t attacking your thoughts on Fulky, as obviously he hasn’t been playing well.
My point is that I don’t think it’s a good look for a coach to call out players and say things such as “they need to get out of the way” if they aren’t producing.
Those conversations should be held between the coach and player, not coach and media.

I've said it before...it's always something with Fulky. He's just giving us nothing right now. When Plavi outscores you and has more rebounds in 2 less minutes, well, it's hard to put into words.

I still think Fulk played past his ceiling 2 years ago. Take away his really good season, and he's not the player you'd expect a leader on an SEC team to be.
Exactly. He's better suited to coming off the bench. Problem is that we apparently don't have anyone better at the moment.

I think the French frosh should play more. I am glad Mashack (?spelling) is playing more as well.

Reactions: Coddlecreek1
Bottom line is Fulky should be the alpha of this team, if his leadership is rising the team will follow. I would also categorize JJJ in the same light. Leadership isn’t something turned on and off, these two have a huge opportunity to take this team to another level. It appears CRB is taking a different approach with his team leader, he’s done it in the past.

Exactly. He's better suited to coming off the bench. Problem is that we apparently don't have anyone better at the moment.
How times have changed. I've had to pull the nails out of my hands several times the last 2 seasons for saying that. And now even Barnes is finally realizing it.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants

VN Store

Back