Anyone see that Fran Frashilla was reported to accuse Rick Barnes of cheating?

The Tall Gguy

Bucket of Lightbulbs
SIAP. I looked and didn't see anything.

Most tweets and articles have been removed, but you can see that it's out there. Fran is denying it and stating writer did this on his own

What a mistake this writer has made.

Reactions: feathersax

Only record I could find of it. Article was taken down and people in the comments make it sound like the article was clickbait in which Fraschilla's comments were taken way out of context.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC 83
Twice at Texas, for Academic fraud and paying players. No legs. Neither stuck. Once at TN(self reported) for paying an assistant out of his own pocket. what coach hasn't been accused or investigated with so many rules?

Twice at Texas, for Academic fraud and paying players. No legs. Neither stuck. Once at TN(self reported) for paying an assistant out of his own pocket. what coach hasn't been accused or investigated with so many rules?
I knew about the one at UT paying his assistant out of his own pocket. That was back when he was lobbying for a raise for his assistants and I thought it was a noble thing for him to do. In my line of work, I’ve given money to people who worked for me and had unpaid leave or otherwise needed a helping hand. I guess the NCAA frowns on that 🤷‍♂️

As I posted last night, Fran Fraschilla was an assistant under Barnes at Providence and has done the Big 12 for ESPN for years. I’m confident they have a good relationship. It appears he was not being serious on a radio show.

IF He did pay an assistant out of His OWN pocket; WTH? Just shows RB is a good Man; IMO. "It's your money"

I knew about the one at UT paying his assistant out of his own pocket. That was back when he was lobbying for a raise for his assistants and I thought it was a noble thing for him to do. In my line of work, I’ve given money to people who worked for me and had unpaid leave or otherwise needed a helping hand. I guess the NCAA frowns on that 🤷‍♂️
It’s a problem for a few reasons but a big one is that it’s out of the sight of the university compliance officials. Not that it was used this way by Barnes but it’s a potential pathway to under-the-table payments to recruits, or it could be used to boost the pay for assistants with connections to recruits (like family members) while avoiding scrutiny.

This is the 2nd time we were paying players and still losing games. Cornbread all over again ?

Only thing the Deacon is guilty of is having too big of a heart!

Reactions: tennrich1
This CLEARLY falls in the category we see nowadays with “journalists”. Still ….a great number of people are naive and some so simple minded they will believe ANYTHING especially if it fits a narrative (remember the ex-Arkansas baseballer on the broadcast last year that eventually led to an apology). He wanted it to be true about Vols and steroids he didn’t take 1 minutes to verify its legitimacy.

….and some people try to make themselves look better by making others look bad….

This is the 2nd time we were paying players and still losing games. Cornbread all over again ?
You really should do some research before you post. Putting Barnes in the same breath as Pruitt shows an incredible amount of ignorance, and at the least, such a bias that you’re even willing to say what you said. My goodness, be better.

You really should do some research before you post. Putting Barnes in the same breath as Pruitt shows an incredible amount of ignorance, and at the least, such a bias that you’re even willing to say what you said. My goodness, be better.
It was a silly post, and I added some silly comments to reflect how silly it was. Take a breath. Lighten up and don't take things so direct and serious

VN Store

Back