Anyone hear Finebaum's comment on Pruitt yesterday?

OffTackleVol

I was playing chess with a friend, and we had the Finebaum Show on in the background. Finebaum took a call from a guy complaining about John Adams not being objective, anti-UT, always digging at Fulmer, etc. (personally, I think someone needs to take Adams behind a woodshed). Anyway, I just caught bits and pieces of the conversation because I was trying to win $20 I was betting on the chess game. The call ended with Finebaum saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, "I don't know about all that, but Jeremy Pruitt is so respected, I honestly believe if Saban all of a sudden retired today, Pruitt would be the first person Alabama would call to replace Saban." Finebaum was blunt and to the point; I was somewhat shocked. Said something to the effect that Fulmer had already affected Alabama because if Pruitt had been Bama's DC this year, they'd won another NC.

Someone who heard the entire call and comments, please correct anything I may have said wrong or add more accurate comments from the call.

The call ended with Finebaum saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, "I don't know about all that, but Jeremy Pruitt is so respected, I honestly believe if Saban all of a sudden retired today, Pruitt would be the first person Alabama would call to replace Saban." Finebaum was blunt and to the point; I was somewhat shocked. Said something to the effect that Fulmer had already affected Alabama because if Pruitt had been Bama's DC this year, they'd won another NC.

I'm not sure about JP being the first one bama calls, he's respected but he's still a green first year HC.
As far as missing JP as DC in the championship game, I've said the same thing. Lupoi looked like a deer in headlights, no adjustments.

Some of you really need to get over John Adams, he's in your head. ;)
I mean are people really calling the Finebaum show to complain about Adams :D

I was playing chess with a friend, and we had the Finebaum Show on in the background. Finebaum took a call from a guy complaining about John Adams not being objective, anti-UT, always digging at Fulmer, etc. (personally, I think someone needs to take Adams behind a woodshed). Anyway, I just caught bits and pieces of the conversation because I was trying to win $20 I was betting on the chess game. The call ended with Finebaum saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, "I don't know about all that, but Jeremy Pruitt is so respected, I honestly believe if Saban all of a sudden retired today, Pruitt would be the first person Alabama would call to replace Saban." Finebaum was blunt and to the point; I was somewhat shocked. Said something to the effect that Fulmer had already affected Alabama because if Pruitt had been Bama's DC this year, they'd won another NC.

Someone who heard the entire call and comments, please correct anything I may have said wrong or add more accurate comments from the call.
lol, looks like you were the only one with it on.

Reactions: shotgun83
I watched sec / tide network the other day and that is all they talk about is football and bummer. It gets so old. It is basketball season for Christ's sake and vols number one but little airplay for them except with dumbass john adams coming on. Who cares about that clown.

On a serious note, Alabama will only seriously consider Pruitt if he does a Kirby-like turnaround here. I'm not talking 9-3/10-2 with a Citrus Bowl win - I mean winning the SEC and making the playoff.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Pruitt is going to have to win some ball games before any major program rings him up for a job. How many programs were after him when we hire him?

Really has nothing to do with your post, but it reminded me of when everyone was talking about how terrible Butch was and he "couldn't coach High School Football". Being on Nicks staff doesn't prove he can coach, but I do find it humorous.

Reactions: shotgun83
Alabama fans have been saying this since he was hired at Tennessee, I'm not talking about the irrational Bama fans, the ones you can have a serious conversation with, "Pruitt is the one guy most like Saban," and the one they'd like to have back the most when Saban rides off into the sunset. They're over Kirby, now it is Dabo and Priutt, and the straw poll is neck and neck.

I'm not sure about JP being the first one bama calls, he's respected but he's still a green first year HC.
As far as missing JP as DC in the championship game, I've said the same thing. Lupoi looked like a deer in headlights, no adjustments.

Some of you really need to get over John Adams, he's in your head. ;)
I mean are people really calling the Finebaum show to complain about Adams :D
This all day.

Reactions: igotworms
Alabama fans have been saying this since he was hired at Tennessee, I'm not talking about the irrational Bama fans, the ones you can have a serious conversation with, "Pruitt is the one guy most like Saban," and the one they'd like to have back the most when Saban rides off into the sunset. They're over Kirby, now it is Dabo and Priutt, and the straw poll is neck and neck.
And Dabo has a Sabanesque job in an easier conference.

VN Store

Back