Anyone have an update on Morasha Wiggins ?

Uh, yes it is. You can ‘red flag’ all you want, but social media interaction is here to stay....and not illegal or an NCAA violation.
I’m not capable of red flagging. It’s the NCAA that does it. But I trust my compliance source and he says it’s possible trouble.

I'll be home in an hour I'm checking my phone for messages. If you want to continue this discussion I'd be happy to do it with you only instead of hijacking This Thread will move it to the coach jumper thread
No need. Not personal. About recruiting, and this players particularly.

Except that Coach Jumper is not a ‘random fan’ . He’s pretty well known in AAU circles.
Exactly! I don’t understand the hate he is getting. Some of you guys are so mean spirited and cruel. He had insight and shared it...isn’t that why were all here? To learn about and support the Lady Vols?

I can remember when players were required to ‘go dark’ during the season and thought that was a good idea, but I guess that’s hard to do in today’s world.

I follow players and their parents on Twitter, but generally don’t communicate with them directly. I’m simply a fan, a cheerleader, if you will, for them as a Lady Vol Basketball fan. They see negativity from other ‘fans’ and react negatively themselves and I simply try to counteract that with positive, personal comments.

As far as recruits, I just make sure that I follow them, and their parents, if they’re active, and like their posts. I never interact directly with them. The kids do look to see which fan base follows them - I guess it’s a point of pride with them. If they commit to another school, though, I immediately ‘unfollow’ them and move on.

No different than cheering for them as players and there’s nothing wrong with it.

I do think it’s better for most fans to keep an arm’s length from them and not get too personal.

However, I think that because of his background as a coach, Coach Jumper’s approach is different and mostly appreciated by the players and their parents looking to improve their game. I think what he does is fine and helpful to our program and our coaches. His heart is certainly in the place - I know that much.

I hope it doesn't get cut. I'm honestly curious and obviously out of date. What are the benefits of fans communicating actively with recruits and families as opposed to the obvious risks? I think it's a worthwhile discussion

Not personal. Ever. Applies to anyone who insinuates themselves into the recruiting process. He just likes to tell us when he does it.

Don't you ever tire?
tenor.gif

I can remember when players were required to ‘go dark’ during the season and thought that was a good idea, but I guess that’s hard to do in today’s world.

I follow players and their parents on Twitter, but generally don’t communicate with them directly. I’m simply a fan, a cheerleader, if you will, for them as a Lady Vol Basketball fan. They see negativity from other ‘fans’ and react negatively themselves and I simply try to counteract that with positive, personal comments.

As far as recruits, I just make sure that I follow them, and their parents, if they’re active, and like their posts. I never interact directly with them. The kids do look to see which fan base follows them - I guess it’s a point of pride with them. If they commit to another school, though, I immediately ‘unfollow’ them and move on.

No different than cheering for them as players and there’s nothing wrong with it.

I do think it’s better for most fans to keep an arm’s length from them and not get too personal.

However, I think that because of his background as a coach, Coach Jumper’s approach is different and mostly appreciated by the players and their parents looking to improve their game. I think what he does is fine and helpful to our program and our coaches. His heart is certainly in the place - I know that much.
Amen

VN Store

Back