Anyone familiar with Lexington?

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Heading there in a couple of weeks for the wife’s birthday weekend and I’ve never been. Any tips on great things to do or places to eat?

So far I have a horse farm tour booked, and the horse parade downtown on the day of her birthday. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Heading there in a couple of weeks for the wife’s birthday weekend and I’ve never been. Any tips on great things to do or places to eat?

So far I have a horse farm tour booked, and the horse parade downtown on the day of her birthday. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
How about a bourbon tour? You will be there the wrong time of year for horse racing season.

How about a bourbon tour? You will be there the wrong time of year for horse racing season.

Yeah we’re not there for the races. My wife just likes horses. The tour we booked just let’s you go tour farms and meet horses. Bourbon tours wouldn’t really be our thing

Eat at a white castle restaurant. There was a castle, literally, we used to like to drive by, but it was outside of Lexington in Versailles I think it was.

Been there a couple times. If ya don't like distilleries and are already doing horse related stuff, good luck. Go to a college hoops game. It may make ya wanna vomit but you can get seats v lesser opponents and the atmosphere is good.

As far as dining...Bella Notre is very good Italian. There is also dining an Inn which is pretty pricey. Merrick Inn if I remember correctly. Been a while.

Reactions: rs16
Rebuilt and operating as a special events venue, the castle, that is. West of the city out Versailles Road, past Keeneland.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleCat
Guiseppes has an excellent Sunday brunch.

Last edited:
there are lots of good local restaurants , copper river grill in Nicholasville is great, and crust is a good local pizza place its downtown. Ky horse park usually starts Christmas lights around this time of year , its worth the trip thru the park to see them ,

Not to be confused with the castle RS16 referred to - check out the Castle and Key - make reservations.

Castle & Key

I like a bar in Chevy Chase called Charlie Browns. I'll think of more.

Lived in Lexington for 5 years.
Merrick Inn was always a favorite
Malone’s (steak)
Pazzo’s near UK campus is great for beer, pizza, bar food

Lived in Lexington for 5 years.
Merrick Inn was always a favorite
Malone’s (steak)
Pazzo’s near UK campus is great for beer, pizza, bar food
I second Malone's - ate there last year when we went up for the Kentucky game.

It's out of season but if you're up there again you should go to Keeneland.

Definitely go to Malone’s. Fantastic steak. Stop in there anytime I’m in Lexington.

do the Horse Park. haven't been there but Hall's on the River is a staple.
Hall's on the River is fantastic. I highly recommend the saltwater catfish. Their Kentucky Brown is great. As far as appetizers go, you can't go wrong with their beer cheese.

Reactions: rs16

VN Store

Back