Anyone else see Tua hurt his back?

He 100% shouldn’t have returned last game or played tonight.

Tonight's injury proves it. This wasn't a back injury. Hope he is okay. Hope he sues the dolphins into oblivion and never has to play another down of football.

Reactions: VolintheBrier
Tonight's injury proves it. This wasn't a back injury. Hope he is okay. Hope he sues the dolphins into oblivion and never has to play another down of football.
It proves nothing. I pray that he’s okay. Bama or not, Tua is a class act.

Reactions: A.J.
I don't know that last week had anything to do with it. He could have been 100% healthy and he'd still be messed up after slamming onto the back of his head.

But if the Dolphins did in fact cover up a head injury last week, they are severely screwed.

Last edited:
Reactions: volinbham
Shouldn't the NFL shoulder some of the blame for prioritizing profits over players safety by making them play on Thursday nights? The players don't even get a week to rest and recouperate between games.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Shouldn't the NFL shoulder some of the blame for prioritizing profits over players safety by making them play on Thursday nights? The players don't even get a week to rest and recouperate between games.
Conclusively prove a link between concussions (or any other injury for that matter) and three fewer days‘ rest, and you’ll be a wealthy man. Until then, it’s baseless speculation.

Conclusively prove a link between concussions and three fewer days‘ rest, and you’ll be a wealthy man.
I just know it is hard to recover from any injury with only 4 days of rest. For the next few days, the twitter mob will be demanding everyone in the Dolphins org be fired, but the NFL should also be held accountable.

I just know it is hard to recover from any injury with only 4 days of rest. For the next few days, the twitter mob will be demanding everyone in the Dolphins org be fired, but the NFL should also be held accountable.
The Twitter mob is a bunch of morons that will vent endlessly and then be ignored. You can’t hold anybody responsible for conspiracy theories with zero proof of anything. Furthermore, good luck trying to prove that the NFL has any influence whatsoever on whether or not Tua, or any player for that matter, plays in a given game.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
The Twitter mob is a bunch of morons that will vent endlessly and then be ignored. You can’t hold anybody responsible for conspiracy theories with zero proof of anything. Furthermore, good luck trying to prove that the NFL has any influence whatsoever on whether or not Tua, or any player for that matter, plays in a given game.
I had no idea there were so many doctors on Twitter. Congratulations to Jalen Rose and Shannon Sharpe on getting their MD, that itself is a medical miracle.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
I had no idea there were so many doctors on Twitter. Congratulations to Jalen Rose and Shannon Sharpe on getting their MD, that itself is a medical miracle.
They are experts on all fields of knowledge. To appease the lynch (twitter) mob, they will suspend the coach a few games, fire the staff doctor and dock the team two first round draft picks. Like always, The NFL will receive no punishment or criticism for their role in players being injured because of short turn around time between games.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
They are experts on all fields of knowledge. To appease the lynch (twitter) mob, they will suspend the coach a few games, fire the staff doctor and dock the team two first round draft picks. Like always, The NFL will receive no punishment or criticism for their role in players being injured because of short turn around time between games.
The NFL has talked about valuing player safety, but they talk out both sides of their mouth. They reduce preseason games, but add a regular season game. Moving the extra point back actually creates more severe impact because the players actually try to block it (seriously). The Thursday night games have now turned into huge games, division games a lot of times. It’s a short turnaround where the level of play is higher, which is tougher on the body. I used to love Thursday night football for college, but now that has largely been overwhelmed by the NFL. The NFL is the most popular sport in our country, and it’s not close, but situations like last night have the potential of really putting the League in a terrible spotlight if they’re not completely transparent about Tua’s situation from Sunday through last night. I have a very hard time believing that in 2022 anyone would be dumb enough to brush off a concussion and think they could get away with it.

Last edited:
The NFL has talked about valuing player safety, but they talk out both sides of their mouth. They reduce preseason games, but add a regular season game. Moving the extra point back actually creates more severe impact because the players actually try to block it (seriously). The Thursday night games have now turned into huge games, division games a lot of times. It’s a short turnaround where the level of play is higher, which is tougher on the body. I used to love Thursday night football for college, but now that has largely been overwhelmed by the NFL. The NFL is the most popular sport in our country, and it’s not close, but situations like last night have the potential of really putting the League in a terrible spotlight if they’re completely transparent about Tua’s situation from Sunday through last night. I have a very hard time believing that in 2022 anyone would be dumb enough to brush off a concussion and think they could get away with it.
And in such a short amount of time, it is hard to get the backup ready to play in a win now or get fired at the end of the season cutthroat league.

One week is still not alot a time to recover, but it might could of kept the Thursday night scare from happening.

And in such a short amount of time, it is hard to get the backup ready to play in a win now or get fired at the end of the season cutthroat league.

One week is still not alot a time to recover, but it might could of kept the Thursday night scare from happening.
I agree, but they sign up for it.

I don't know that last week had anything to do with it. He could have been 100% healthy and he'd still be messed up after slamming onto the back of his head.

But if the Dolphins did in fact cover up a head injury last week, they are severely screwed.
Regardless, that degree of being "locked up" doesn't bode well for his long term health. You typically see that with people having multiple concussions. I'm sure he's had some in the past.

Reactions: Sea Ray
Regardless, that degree of being "locked up" doesn't bode well for his long term health. You typically see that with people having multiple concussions. I'm sure he's had some in the past.

Totally agree. In all likelihood every NFL player has had at least one. His response last night suggested that he'd had one recently enough that he hadn't adequately healed, and that is scary.

I believe he had a concussion last week. I’m no doctor but I don’t think a back injury makes you stumble around like you’ve just walked out of a bar after happy hour. I call BS on the Dolphins

I believe he had a concussion last week. I’m no doctor but I don’t think a back injury makes you stumble around like you’ve just walked out of a bar after happy hour. I call BS on the Dolphins

They said it was because of a pinched nerve in his back that was throwing off his balance. IDK anything about that, but a big part of me believes that has to be a valid explanation if they're going to use it. It might not be what happened, but it must be what can happen, scientifically. They knew they'd have to answer this question when they made the decision to put him back in.

However, if it was indeed a concussion, and now he's had a 2nd one in 5 days, they have opened themselves up to all kinds of liability. NFL would make an example out of the Dolphins (who they already punished just 2 months ago).

Shouldn't the NFL shoulder some of the blame for prioritizing profits over players safety by making them play on Thursday nights?

No. If it is, then by that logic having them play at all is profit over players, if that's what you want to call it. The players are gladly profiting, too. 2 out 20,000 will walk away from the game because they are putting their health first. IDK why owners should be held to such a high standard (caring more for the players than the players care for themselves).

Honestly, in HS, we had a short week for the deer hunt. Having a short week followed by a really long rest was a nice break in the season.

I 100% believe if Tua wanted to sit, the Dolphins wouldn't have made any problems for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 05_never_again
No. If it is, then by that logic having them play at all is profit over players, if that's what you want to call it. The players are gladly profiting, too. 2 out 20,000 will walk away from the game because they are putting their health first. IDK why owners should be held to such a high standard (caring more for the players than the players care for themselves).

Honestly, in HS, we had a short week for the deer hunt. Having a short week followed by a really long rest was a nice break in the season.

I 100% believe if Tua wanted to sit, the Dolphins wouldn't have made any problems for him.

Going on a deer hunt in a short week is probably not comparable to playing an NFL game on a short notice.

VN Store

Back