Anyone else hoping Sumlin turns us down?

No disrespect to Sumlin. I think he would be good here. However at this point, I want every decent option to keep turning us down because it is just one more knock on Haslam and Currie....

In my dream world, I want this job to be turned down so much where the only two people who would take this job are Lane Kiffin and Tee Martin....

Everyone talks about, myself included, if we hire Lane, we would have to a heavy buyout contract if he left us. I think if we get turned down a few more times, he is going to demand a contract that isn't so friendly, lopsided towards UT.....

I really want to see this program keep getting rejected in the short term if it means that Haslam and Currie are gone for the long term.

Especially knowing that Kiffin has the ego to take a job at a "national laughingstock that is damaged for 3-5 seasons" and try to go win right away....

Keep the faith Vol Fans. There are brighter days ahead, just got to get a few darker ones out of the way first.

Stop posting about Kiffin. Even if all the Haslams got abducted by Aliens he still wouldn't get an interview here after 2010.

y'all forget sumlin was the best coach, record wise, they've had in 20 years.

everybody knows the baggage and reasoning behind his ouster. so there's no real arguing about it. it is what it is.

i'd just say this, he had a winning conf record in the west, iirc. and he did beat Bama, once, so that should satisfy the "never beat saban" qualifier some have.

he's a good recruiter, good offensive mind, and if he can get a qb, he's usually pretty good.

i think what you get in sumlin is better than butch jones. but he'd have some of the same challenges butch had.

and i'd also remind everyone....we're in the wonderful world of "you don't have a choice"...or at the very least..."you're running out of choices".

all that said, it's still baffling that martin nor miles have been contacted.

Reactions: 2 people
No disrespect to Sumlin. I think he would be good here. However at this point, I want every decent option to keep turning us down because it is just one more knock on Haslam and Currie....

In my dream world, I want this job to be turned down so much where the only two people who would take this job are Lane Kiffin and Tee Martin....

Everyone talks about, myself included, if we hire Lane, we would have to a heavy buyout contract if he left us. I think if we get turned down a few more times, he is going to demand a contract that isn't so friendly, lopsided towards UT.....

I really want to see this program keep getting rejected in the short term if it means that Haslam and Currie are gone for the long term.

Especially knowing that Kiffin has the ego to take a job at a "national laughingstock that is damaged for 3-5 seasons" and try to go win right away....

Keep the faith Vol Fans. There are brighter days ahead, just got to get a few darker ones out of the way first.

Oh good grief

Are you high? No....Sumlin would a a very good hire

Sumlin is a proven loser at a very high profile and rich school. Easy question, why do you think he was fired? I'm as tired of this cluster f*** as anyone, but keep swinging, we're bound to hit one of Currie's fastballs.

Reactions: 1 person
Take sumlin and you get the chief thrown in as well. Hell if he will take it for 4 mil. get him or at least try. Some on here think we are avoiding Tee because of race. I am not one of them but Sumlin can recruit for us right now!!!

Sumlin is as good as we get. Look, everyone did a good job keeping the bad ones away. He's a good guy, coach, and recruiter. We are not 90s TN. It's time to let a hire go through.

Yall do realize that it hasn't been said we are talking to him, but that we are turning our focus to him.

If I am Sumlin, I don't touch this place.

I want a good coach. He fits the bill
No he isn't jg but those who say no just give fodder to the national narrative that our fans are so delusional that no coach will ever satisfy them unless it's Jon Gruden

hell no, the damage has already been done at this point. Its not going to change the feelings toward the AD and Haslam.

Me. Im hoping everyone but Tee and Kiff some the A holes have to pick one of the two.

This is definitely not a hire you can protest. Someone made a thread the other day how it was “interesting” that we hadn’t at least given a call to a single black coach, such as Tee or Taggart. If we make contact with Sumlin, we can dispel those rumors. If we don’t, I would have to admit it’s a little peculiar.

Yall do realize that it hasn't been said we are talking to him, but that we are turning our focus to him.

True. He's getting ready to get a check for $10 million from A&M. He may decide to take a year or two off and see what his options are.

From what I've read the last 24 hours Sumlin has been blunt about not wanting this job.

But The Mad Hatter is VERY interested... and not the kind of guy that's a little squeamish around controversy, if your memory is working.

VN Store

Back