Anyone else heard this?

rockytophigh

Rod Wilks is my co-pilot
Taken from tigerdroppings (appropriately named)

exacerbating all of this is that his dad is a college coach. he of all people should know better.

according to volnation, you lost brown because orgeron showed up at granny's house with whiskey on his breath. Sounds nuts, but with that lunatic...who knows.

If so.....:eek:hmy:

it's a stupid rumor. why can't people just PM these questions to other members instead of making dumb rumors into a grand production by putting them out there for the whole world to see?

Taken from tigerdroppings (appropriately named)

exacerbating all of this is that his dad is a college coach. he of all people should know better.

according to volnation, you lost brown because orgeron showed up at granny's house with whiskey on his breath. Sounds nuts, but with that lunatic...who knows.

If so.....:eek:hmy:
It's supposedly from Tennstud. If that doesn't make it BS, then I don't know what does.

it's a stupid rumor. why can't people just PM these questions to other members instead of making dumb rumors into a grand production by putting them out there for the whole world to see?

So any rumor should be PM'd and not questioned on the board. Is there a way to PM everybody so this stupid rumor gets answered by the 1 in 197898787 members who actually have heard something on this. Be reasonable.

So any rumor should be PM'd and not questioned on the board. Is there a way to PM everybody so this stupid rumor gets answered by the 1 in 197898787 members who actually have heard something on this. Be reasonable.

are you 14-years-old? everytime a rumor gets repeated, it gains momentum. the more often people hear something, the more likely it becomes to be true in some people's minds.

I guarantee you 50 people from Rival fanbases are going to copy exactly what you said and put it on their boards.

That's how rumors gain momentum and become widespread.

There are 20 people on this board that post all day long and anyone of them could've been asked about this.

Everytime a thought pops into someone's head, it doesn't need to be posted.

So it's a bad idea to PM someone, when you need instant gratification? You can't wait an hour to find out about this?

Its from a stupid radio show that made a guess. They don't like coach O either, they called him "special Ed".

are you 14-years-old? everytime a rumor gets repeated, it gains momentum. the more often people hear something, the more likely it becomes to be true in some people's minds.

I guarantee you 50 people from Rival fanbases are going to copy exactly what you said and put it on their boards.

There are 20 people on this board that post all day long and anyone of them could've been asked about this.

So it's a bad idea to PM someone, when you need instant gratification? You can't wait an hour to find out about this?

While most of those things are true, it doesn't mean that one of the posters to which you are referring know jack squat about the particular topic or rumor.

Poppy Cock on the whiskey unless it was Jim Beam then I would say it was for medicinal purposes. I do wonder why Coach O was recruiting MB I would have figured CLK to be the man on this recruit.

Could you wait a hour to find out about JJ? Could you just PM me anything you want to know about the upcoming season? Could you list out the 20 people for me to make it easier? I don't care about 50 people posting whatever....it's going to get out there Jerry Springer if I got it from Tiger Droppings. Gesh, don't ask any questions in a post or TJack will call you 14 & tell you to take it to PM. If you don't like the thread....get going and don't let the door hit ya.

THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD....WHERE WE DO THINGS LIKE DISCUSS STUFF.:)

repeating rumors gives them credibility.

if that concept is over your head, then there's nothing any mortal being can do to change that.

repeating rumors gives them credibility.

if that concept is over your head, then there's nothing any mortal being can do to change that.

No more rumors on Volnation for the remainder of the spring & summer. No more rumors. TJack has said so. No rumors of recruits.....no JUCO rumors.....no basketball injury rumors, no Lady Vols rumors...no rumors period! From here on out all business will be conducted through PM....or the National Enquirer. Any questions please PM TJack.

Thank you for your time.

granny probably "believes" it. Orgeron probably said a cuss word or something and that makes it easy to take anything and run with it for religious types.

now you're just being ridiculous.

repeating rumors that give our program a black eye is a bad idea.

you don't agree, you think it's a good idea. i can't change that.

enjoy the rest of the day, chirping away like a gossiping school girl.

Last edited:
now you're just being ridiculous.

repeating rumors that give our program a black eye is a bad idea.

you don't agree, you think it's a good idea. i can't change that.

enjoy the rest of the head, chirping away like a gossiping school girl.

No Jack. You're being ridiculous. It's a rumor posted on another SEC team's message board. If you think my little thread in our own recruiting forum is going to set the rumor free, I can't help you understand that it's already out there. If it is a rumor, would it not be better to get it out in the open and have someone dispel it?

No Jack. You're being ridiculous. It's a rumor posted on another SEC team's message board. If you think my little thread in our own recruiting forum is going to set the rumor free, I can't help you understand that it's already out there. If it is a rumor, would it not be better to get it out in the open and have someone dispel it?

I understand it's out there, but you did no good by bringing it here. For the critics and the Fulmer apologists that don't have a clue about anything going on, they wouldn't hear about this until someone brought it here, because they aren't on VolQuest and they don't troll the other boards looking for info. This is their sole source of information.

You just made it easier and more accessible by spreading it.

Dispel it? Your opening post says, "If so....."

your own words---you're leaving the door open for speculation.

look at religion, someone says there's a sun god and it gets repeated until everyone believes in it. meanwhile other people are running around trying to do damage control and reason with people and say that it's a lie, but it's too late, because too many people repeated it.

the more something gets said, the more likely it is to go from rumor to accepted truth by the majority.

whether you believe in it or not, repeating gossip is a bad idea.

VN Store

Back