Anyone Debating going to Canton for Peyton?

I have thought about it. It is a really expensive event IIRC.

Looked into it this morning. It is expensive. Offering both classes, 2020/2021, induction ceremonies. One Saturday night the other Sunday night. Around $500 per person.

Looked into it this morning. It is expensive. Offering both classes, 2020/2021, induction ceremonies. One Saturday night the other Sunday night. Around $500 per person.
Not just the $500, you're also in Canton OH which, other than the HOF, may not be hell but it's in the same zip code.

Not just the $500, you're also in Canton OH which, other than the HOF, may not be hell but it's in the same zip code.

Truth! It would really be cool to attend though. I've been to the HOF once and worth the trip. Seeing Peyton enshrined in person would be awesome.

Yes Canton is small but Cleveland isn't that far or Columbus. Kinda half way between them. Visited there about 20 years ago

Sounds like I need to go see some folks for business in Ohio around that time. Great idea!

There's no one here to debate with, but I'm not considering it either.
I've been to Ohio more than once and have no desire to return.

Peyton is a legend but the hall of fame has been watered down alot with the induction of so many undeserving. Its become the hall of very good. Drew Pearson? Come on. He was a very good player AT BEST. Jimbo Covert? Ehhh come on. These guys are good/very good at best but certainly not "legendary"...which is what the hall should be reserved for. Peyton is a legend and deserves that status...and shouldn't be lumped in with these undeserving "good" players who don't deserve it. The hall of fame is not as special as it was. Even Eli will probably get in and although he won 2 Superbowls was a .500 player with barely above average stats. Its not fair to the players...like Peyton who actual deserve "legend" status.

Peyton is a legend but the hall of fame has been watered down alot with the induction of so many undeserving. Its become the hall of very good. Drew Pearson? Come on. He was a very good player AT BEST. Jimbo Covert? Ehhh come on. These guys are good/very good at best but certainly not "legendary"...which is what the hall should be reserved for. Peyton is a legend and deserves that status...and shouldn't be lumped in with these undeserving "good" players who don't deserve it. The hall of fame is not as special as it was. Even Eli will probably get in and although he won 2 Superbowls was a .500 player with barely above average stats. Its not fair to the players...like Peyton who actual deserve "legend" status.
It has become a product of the 'everyone gets a trophy' culture - or as much as a professional sport can become.
Look back just 10 or 15 years ago and see the people that were getting elected versus people getting elected today and the criteria (stats, note able achievements, etc.) being used.

Also notice that there wasn't 'categories' like there are now for coach, modern era, etc.
If a guy was remembered 5 or 10 years after his career for what he accomplished, he was in...if not he wasn't.
Time / lasting memories was used as a factor for enshrinement - your Eli example is great point here, if not for the 2 super bowl wins, then how memorable is his career really?

No debate. I'm not going. Just not on my bucket list of things to do. I may eventually go to the football HofF or not. It's PM's day to spend with his peers and his family imo.

VN Store

Back