Anyone attending 9/10 game at Pitt?

I'm planning on going, but have no idea if they have anywhere to park a motorhome. I'll have to do some research.
Check Ohiopyle in the Laurel Highlands. A little more than an hour to downtown but a great area with rafting, the Great Allegheny Passage trail and right by Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water house.

Staying at the Hyatt at the Southside Works, it's a redeveloped steel mill site on the water with bars, restaurants, shops, etc. It's near Carson St which also has a lot of bars and restaurants.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Just saw this posted on the university website:

Big Orange Tailgate Tour—Tennessee vs. Pittsburgh

Join UT alumni and fans at the first ever floating Big Orange Tailgate before the Vols kickoff against the Pittsburgh Panthers. The event will take place on the Gateway Clipper fleet’s Empress riverboat, docked just steps away from Heinz Field.

You can also get game tickets in the lower level endzones through the local alumni chapter.

University of Tennessee, Knoxville - Pittsburgh Alumni Chapter

This is gonna be an amazing season. Make sure you’re going to some games this year. We’re going 10-2 with a rematch vs Bama in SEC Championship. Don’t miss seeing this team in person!

Reactions: HalfullVol
I really hope we can take over Heinz field. Would love to make this at least a crowd 50/50 split.

Their home field advantage is garbage. Vol fans have the opportunity to take it over. It’s like Miami-FL where the stadium is off campus, just not as far away. If you watch some highlights from some of their games, Heinz Field is probably only at 40% capacity and I’m being generous (and that was with a really good team).

Their home field advantage is garbage. Vol fans have the opportunity to take it over. It’s like Miami-FL where the stadium is off campus, just not as far away. If you watch some highlights from some of their games, Heinz Field is probably only at 40% capacity and I’m being generous (and that was with a really good team).
Exactly. I don’t think anyone is going to be concerned about their crowd. I doubt Heupel does too much in practice with crowd noise being pumped in for preparation for the crazy Pitt crowd. I’ve been by Heinz when the Titans played on a Thursday night once and those people were ready to roll. Don’t think it will be like that for us. I honestly think we could bring more fans if travel wasn’t as expensive as it is right now.

VN Store

Back