Anybody going to the watch party?

I had an opportunity for tickets but turned them down. Last weekend was terrible. I was surrounded(on the porch) by sloppy drunks, that were falling all over the place, wanting to talk about dumb stuff and didn’t care one bit about watching the game! I had to keep moving around just to see the action on the field.
I’m all about having some beers and watching baseball but this was annoying.
Me and my boy will take this one in from the couch.
GBO!!

I had an opportunity for tickets but turned them down. Last weekend was terrible. I was surrounded(on the porch) by sloppy drunks, that were falling all over the place, wanting to talk about dumb stuff and didn’t care one bit about watching the game! I had to keep moving around just to see the action on the field.
I’m all about having some beers and watching baseball but this was annoying.
Me and my boy will take this one in from the couch.
GBO!!

Could have been worse. Can you imagine being a player, and your dad shows up for game wearing a giant baby mask and drinking a baby bottle of 'Tennessee Tears'.

Cringeworthy.....I would want to hide under the bench

Could have been worse. Can you imagine being a player, and your dad shows up for game wearing a giant baby mask and drinking a baby bottle of 'Tennessee Tears'.

Cringeworthy.....I would want to hide under the bench
Could’ve definitely been worse and maybe I’m just old and cranky now but it was not the environment I like for baseball.
20 year old cobbwebb, would’ve been fumbling and stumbling too. Old man cobbwebb just wanted to drink some beer, chill and watch some good baseball with my boy.
🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Could’ve definitely been worse and maybe I’m just old and cranky now but it was not the environment I like for baseball.
20 year old cobbwebb, would’ve been fumbling and stumbling too. Old man cobbwebb just wanted to drink some beer, chill and watch some good baseball with my boy.
🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Yeah. I admit that it is extremely difficult to bring children into an environment where there is alcohol involved. In Hoover at the LSU game, I witnessed two dads trying to explain to their 8-10 year old sons why drunk men were yelling profane things at first baseman Tre'. Same deal in football when the students chant F.U. at the gators. Alcohol sales are good for the AD budget, but hard on the families.

Line will be long no doubt as it was last year. I can remember getting in line around 7:30am for like a 6pm game time and I wasn’t the first one in line. Their was around 10-15 people ahead of me at that point.

More reason to camp out if your really wanting tickets especially since they’re already projected to be sold out standing room only.

Yeah. I admit that it is extremely difficult to bring children into an environment where there is alcohol involved. In Hoover at the LSU game, I witnessed two dads trying to explain to their 8-10 year old sons why drunk men were yelling profane things at first baseman Tre'. Same deal in football when the students chant F.U. at the gators. Alcohol sales are good for the AD budget, but hard on the families.
There have been jerks in the stands of college sporting events long before alcohol sales were allowed.
Many students would get hammered before they entered the stadium.

More reason to camp out if your really wanting tickets especially since they’re already projected to be sold out standing room only.
SRO tickets will be sold out. The way it works is 1st come 1st serve and they will limit each person to how many tickets you can buy. Last year it was 4 I believe. There will be around 100-150 tickets sold and around 300 in line.

I agree .. not a family environment at this watch party .. who wants their kid to be laced with profanities and watch drunks fall over each other . Watch it on TV

I hear ya, but my intel suggests that my kids have heard worse on their elementary school bus ride

Wish I was there in any capacity. I’ll be holding down the fort south of the border!

Let the Vollians (VOL-lins) of college baseball loose on the national stage.

Let’s go #GBO #BaseVOLS263D35B3-DA0E-48BF-B990-8712938AFF41.jpeg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back