Anybody catch the the 97 National Championship game on ESPNU?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Just caught the last little bit. Good memories. Kelly made a silly foul on a three-pointer down the stretch though. 😬

Just caught the last little bit. Good memories. Kelly made a silly foul on a three-pointer down the stretch though. 😬

The player Kellie was called for fouling was the ODU equivalent of Chennedy Carter as far as being able to contort her body in a way that makes it LOOK like she was fouled even though she really wasn’t. Makes my blood boil. I will not miss Carter at A&M.

Reactions: krichunaka
The player Kellie was called for fouling was the ODU equivalent of Chennedy Carter as far as being able to contort her body in a way that makes it LOOK like she was fouled even though she really wasn’t. Makes my blood boil. I will not miss Carter at A&M.

I saw the game and foul also .. The shooter took the shot and then reached over and grabbed Jolly .... what a joke ! The defense that these champions played is a wishful dream ??? Elzy was a maniac and Kelly had about 6 steals herself ! Holdsclaw even as a Sophomore was just amazing! To me the best part of the game was letting the hurt player in the game just so she could say “ I PLAYED IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!” This was Pat at her best ..... sure do miss her ... 🥰

PRG, the game was rough, closer to rugby at times than basketball, I think both PGs had 10 assists and 10 turnovers . the refs lost control early - don't remember what year they went from two to three refs. the Old D point guard was a long time pro.

And as an aside I got my last speeding ticking after the game in Cincinnati coming off one of the Ky hills where state troopers were concentrated. My old BMW was capable of hitting 100 going down-hill. smile.

Reactions: krichunaka
Seems like they didn’t call fouls as quickly back then? Tougher players?

Also lack of flops!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back