Any word on the Nike Free 5.0 that supposedly release tomorrow?

I talked to Nike through their chat system this morning and they checked to see if there is a restock date and there currently isn't one. What he did say though, is that he would put in a restock request for me and he said this will increase the chances of them making it back to the site.

My suggestion is for everyone that missed out on them the first time around like myself to go to Contact Nike Support. Get Help via chat, email or phone. , click on Product Information, click on Training, click on Men's Training and then hit Live Chat and ask the same question I did which was "Will more of the following shoe be available in the future? Nike Free 5.0 v6 (Style: 723939-810 Bright Ceramic/White)"

Yeah, I did this last week after my academy order got cancelled. Hopefully we can generate enough interest in a restock. :good!:

When yall get shoes tell me how they look like , because I designed a pair in 05 and the orange looked like Syracuse or Florida.
Standard shipping was the only option and has mine arriving between the 10th-14th of Sept. So it will be a minute before I can get that pic.

Does no good to express my hate for Nike in the womens Volleyball thread thats why. Amazing that three years ago everyone here hated Nike and Oregon but now most everyone is drooling over their over priced crap. Oh btw the checkerboard looks great on the field but awful on shorts, shoes etc. Open your eyes people.

Nah bruh...my checkerboard shorts are fresh to death ;)

Reactions: 2 people
When yall get shoes tell me how they look like , because I designed a pair in 05 and the orange looked like Syracuse or Florida.

What was the color designator for that shade of orange? Do you rememeber? If you design one right now, it has to be "Bright Citrus" or it isn't going to be our orange

Really 20 pages about shoes?? Man I wish the games would start.

Change your settings to 50 posts per page and the site will flow better for you.

I always go up a half size with Nikes

Same for me.

I just got home from a week long road trip to find these waiting for me. :rock:

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 7
What was the color designator for that shade of orange? Do you rememeber? If you design one right now, it has to be "Bright Citrus" or it isn't going to be our orange
In 05 they only had one orange and old monitor that I used probably did not help. When I got shoes my "wife at the time" was laughing because they glowed lol. The color was like forescent orange and you could have seen me a mile away ... needless to say I never wore those $130 pair of shoes.

Actually, the official color Nike is using for UT Orange is called "Bright Ceramic". The "Bright Citrus" is much lighter in person than it shows on the website. It's actually more of a peachy-orange mix(sort of a faded looking UT orange), but it can vary depending on the shoe. Nike isn't nearly as consistent on their shoe color ways as people think.

Actually, the official color Nike is using for UT Orange is called "Bright Ceramic". The "Bright Citrus" is much lighter in person than it shows on the website. It's actually more of a peachy-orange mix(sort of a faded looking UT orange), but it can vary depending on the shoe. Nike isn't nearly as consistent on their shoe color ways as people think.

I thought Nike actually matched the True Tennessee Orange of PMS#151 and they call it "TN1"....

Graphic Identity Standards

Yeah, I was about to say. We have more shoes coming in now with the Bright Citrus lable and its pretty much dead on. Not sure about that identical shade across the board though, like you said.

Yeah, I was about to say. We have more shoes coming in now with the Bright Citrus lable and its pretty much dead on. Not sure about that identical shade across the board though, like you said.

I just know that everything Nike has officially released for UT to date, from the 5.0 trainers to shirts and hats, has "Bright Ceramic" listed as the official color. I have also owned a couple of pairs of Nike shoes that had "Bright Citrus" as part of the color scheme, and they aren't even close in shade and look nothing in person like they did on the web. I'm just issuing caution to anyone ordering Nike shoes online sight unseen. I would hate for someone to pay $150 for a pair of peach shoes when they thought they were getting UT orange. I have many pair of Nike shoes that have the same color ways and they rarely match perfectly.

I just know that everything Nike has officially released for UT to date, from the 5.0 trainers to shirts and hats, has "Bright Ceramic" listed as the official color. I have also owned a couple of pairs of Nike shoes that had "Bright Citrus" as part of the color scheme, and they aren't even close in shade and look nothing in person like they did on the web. I'm just issuing caution to anyone ordering Nike shoes online sight unseen. I would hate for someone to pay $150 for a pair of peach shoes when they thought they were getting UT orange. I have many pair of Nike shoes that have the same color ways and they rarely match perfectly.
If Nike only limited one pair per sale or credit card I don't think all this designing shoes would be talked about. I have noticed that people selling on eBay has several listings. People horting shoes and jacking prices 3x the price is not cool. If someone has wants to profit their own shoes then that's their loss. People buying multiple pairs just to make big profit knocks people out that can afford $100 but not $250-$300 is dirty.

If Nike only limited one pair per sale or credit card I don't think all this designing shoes would be talked about. I have noticed that people selling on eBay has several listings. People horting shoes and jacking prices 3x the price is not cool. If someone has wants to profit their own shoes then that's their loss. People buying multiple pairs just to make big profit knocks people out that can afford $100 but not $250-$300 is dirty.

Supply and demand. Obviously there are people out there that are willing to spend that much on them.

I agree to a point. However, as the other guy points out, it is all about supply and demand. If people are willing to pay those prices, it is on them. It doesn't make it right, but it is the world we live in. It probably wouldn't be an issue if Nike or whoever had not said that they would be a one time limited run. They have already restocked them twice(that I know of) at regular retail price on the Nike site. So, they obviously aren't as limited as they were originally perceived.

hecnhv.jpg

The same can be said for ticket prices...

The same can be said for ticket prices...
Tickets is a little different if you donate. These people that got shoes did not donate a penny to just by shoes. I am a ticket donor and still had reasonable prices. I sold pairs of tix to OU lower level in dry for $375 when they were going for 400 and above and UGA for $280 a pair. I made a small profit but did not make a lot of money taking advantage of a situation.

Last edited:
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay you for it.

That could be $1 or $1000. Worth is it up to that person.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay you for it.

That could be $1 or $1000. Worth is it up to that person.
When I was a kid it was not worth $130 for Jordan's but found a way to mow yards and chores to get them but I have a limit. I have a family and it would be childish and selfish to spend $300 on a pair of shoes when I can treat my 3 year old and wife to something on a weekend of fun.

VN Store

Back