Any word on how Memphis ‘backers Eason & French are doing?

I’m hoping that they’re doing well and making progress. Would luv to see them in the rotation this year.
I hope they are doing well but I don't want to see them play this fall. I want them to redshift and get bigger and learn more and save their bodies for another year. This also means older players are stepping up.

I hope they are doing well but I don't want to see them play this fall. I want them to redshift and get bigger and learn more and save their bodies for another year. This also means older players are stepping up.

Who do you believe are our top 4 inside backers? If To’oTo’o or Crouch goes down, we’re going to need these guys to step up and play. Are you sure you want them to put on more weight? One is 240 and the other is 255. I want them to learn and be ready as 2nd string players. To’oTo’o started his freshman year.

Last edited:
Who do you believe are our top 4 inside backers? If To’oTo’o or Crouch goes down, we’re going to need these guys to step up and play. Are you sure you want them to put on more weight? One is 240 and the other is 255. I want them to learn and be ready as 2nd string players. To’oTo’o started his freshman year.
Tootoo
Crouch
Banks
Beasley in that order
Soon Page is probably 5th. All 4 of those LBs have experience as a RB. Very athletic and can read openings through the point of attack at the LOS.

JJ peterson ahead of them on depth chart?

If I'm not mistaken Peterson was moved to Outside LB within the past week or so . . . But with him working at Inside LB and appeared in a few games at that position I would say he would fit into the depth chart/rotation if Henry T or Q go down to injury or COVID-19.

Just my thoughts.

GBO

Since this season does not count against eligibility, I would hope they at least become special teams stars.

My thought was I want us to build depth and be anti BJ. It is always possible to start as a freshman see your exhibit A with To'oTo'o. I don't want to see them play includes I don't want to see the starters get injured!!

Since this season does not count against eligibility, I would hope they at least become special teams stars.
I am not holding my breath that they don't find a way to screw some players over. I will believe it when I see it.

Tootoo
Crouch
Banks
Beasley in that order
Soon Page is probably 5th. All 4 of those LBs have experience as a RB. Very athletic and can read openings through the point of attack at the LOS.
Why is banks up there. Dude could not play backer when he was on team. Im sure being on the spin train that he is reformed helped him learn to fill a hole.

Why is banks up there. Dude could not play backer when he was on team. Im sure being on the spin train that he is reformed helped him learn to fill a hole.
Well it takes time to adapt to a new position; especially one that requires a lot of reads like ILB.

I am not holding my breath that they don't find a way to screw some players over. I will believe it when I see it.
I agree, the 85 scholarship limit, unless changed, will put some players out sooner than they want to be. I have not seen this issue addressed anywhere.
For marginal players, this season WILL count.

Reactions: spyfish007
Well it takes time to adapt to a new position; especially one that requires a lot of reads like ILB.
Him not playing should help. My point is not doing football will not help him be better. He was not good and now we say he is one of our top 4. I'm not excited about that.

Reactions: 08Vol
Him not playing should help. My point is not doing football will not help him be better. He was not good and now we say he is one of our top 4. I'm not excited about that.

I just got off of the phone with CJP relaying your concerns regarding Bank's position. CJP's response was typical CJP . . . "Cornbread."

GBO

What in the world are you talking about? He's the number 2 or 3 LB right now. Pruitt says hes as talented a LB he's ever coached.

If I'm not mistaken Peterson was moved to Outside LB within the past week or so . . . But with him working at Inside LB and appeared in a few games at that position I would say he would fit into the depth chart/rotation if Henry T or Q go down to injury or COVID-19.

Just my thoughts.

GBO

Yep. JJP moving back to OLB bodes well for the OPs original question.

Reactions: BigDave

VN Store

Back