Any old timers?

Go look at facilities and resources in those years. scary. Butch don't have to deal with any of those challenges. So far he is on track to match Dooley and Fulmer record that got them both fired. Oh, and do it two years in a row. But now he's a realist.

I saw my first Tennessee game in 1945 and I have seen good times and bad times. My father, brother, and son lettered at Tennessee and one brother lettered at Cal Berkley. This team is the first team in 4-5 years which has shown any improvement and none have recruited at the level of Coach Jones. While many of the posters here think success can be obtained with out hard work, those of us who are mature enough to have retired realize that the key to success is dedication to the cause, experience in the field of operation and skilled employees who have learned the trade. the most compelling ingredients are confidence and a positive attitude. Rebuilding is difficult and takes time. Being critical of the organization leads to destruction and failure. It is difficult foe me that intelligent people can not realize the task at hand and the work it takes to succeed. Criticism at this point in the programs development show lack of knowledge and an immature perspective on live. Quitters seldom accomplish any of their goals. Pleas support our football coaches, players and our University. Sometimes expressing support for what we love requires more discipline than some of our posters seem to possess. With understanding and patience, we will obtain success during the next two years. Get on the train and enjoy the ride back to the top.

Well said.

I saw my first Tennessee game in 1945 and I have seen good times and bad times. My father, brother, and son lettered at Tennessee and one brother lettered at Cal Berkley. This team is the first team in 4-5 years which has shown any improvement and none have recruited at the level of Coach Jones. While many of the posters here think success can be obtained with out hard work, those of us who are mature enough to have retired realize that the key to success is dedication to the cause, experience in the field of operation and skilled employees who have learned the trade. the most compelling ingredients are confidence and a positive attitude. Rebuilding is difficult and takes time. Being critical of the organization leads to destruction and failure. It is difficult foe me that intelligent people can not realize the task at hand and the work it takes to succeed. Criticism at this point in the programs development show lack of knowledge and an immature perspective on live. Quitters seldom accomplish any of their goals. Pleas support our football coaches, players and our University. Sometimes expressing support for what we love requires more discipline than some of our posters seem to possess. With understanding and patience, we will obtain success during the next two years. Get on the train and enjoy the ride back to the top.

Great post! Butch Jones rivals Phil Fulmer in his prime as a recruiter ... and love him or hate him ... in his prime, Phil Fulmer recruited with the best of them. What truly worries me about this staff is their gameplanning. What makes a successful leader is the ability to put their team members (be it a football team or a project team) in a position where they can thrive and succeed. I think we've got the foundation of greatness in our freshman class this year. I think the folks leading the football team are doing a poor job of putting our players in a position to be successful.

I have stated this on this board before ... but if our coaches are not looking in the mirror, and admitting they aren't doing a very good job at putting our players in a position to win, and dedicating themselves to becoming better at their own jobs ... they will not succeed around here I do not believe. I think they can succeed ... but not on their current path.

Reactions: 1 person

This post demonstrates what's wrong with our country.....everyone is spoiled and a bunch of snot nosed crybaby punks. Man up poons..... It's gonna take some blood, sweat and tears to get back on top.

With no type of social media outside the daily beacon, immediate response from mystery writers was not on the board. It was not fun to be a football fan while in school back then, BUT we did go to all the games . Bernie & Ernie made the winters better. I miss Stokely - now just a hole in the ground.

VN Store

Back