Any News on Zaay Green

Does Zaay sit on the bench at home games? I did not see anyone in street clothes last night on the bench?

Does Zaay sit on the bench at home games? I did not see anyone in street clothes last night on the bench?

She wears what the team wears when she is on the bench

Last night was an away game. She is an injured redshirt I THINK they can travel I remember Mercedes and Tea both traveled when injured

Reactions: RollerVol
She wears what the team wears when she is on the bench

Last night was an away game. She is an injured redshirt I THINK they can travel I remember Mercedes and Tea both traveled when injured

Yes, redshirts are always allowed to dress and attend all games. Just can’t enter or you forfeit your eligibility.

Reactions: RollerVol
She is looking good want play her this season she'll be ready to shine next season. I think she has participated in practice some did some dancing with Harper on the sideline recovering well.

Reactions: dtnvol
But a transfer red shirt is not allowed

Correct. Only players that are currently eligible to play are able to travel under NCAA rules. Transfers that are sitting out are not eligible to play under NCAA rules. Players that are injured are eligible to play and do not receive redshirts until after the season is completed.

No, she will not be cleared for on-court basketball activities until May at the earliest.

How is her rehab progressing? She looks to be doing extremely well hopping up off bench, having her leg bent on the bench, and also heard she had done some shooting drills.

Is on the court basketball activities like contact drills ?

It seems like many who have had this procedure faced a recovery period that was extended because they lacked faith that the knee would hold up. I hope she comes out running and gunning but it is more likely she will be a bit more reserved until she gets comfortable with the repair.

It seems like many who have had this procedure faced a recovery period that was extended because they lacked faith that the knee would hold up. I hope she comes out running and gunning but it is more likely she will be a bit more reserved until she gets comfortable with the repair.

The other issue is if the training/rehab staff are not careful with how she's brought along, by favoring the previously injured knee players both male and female often end up injuring the other knee. Just hope she really pays attention to the pros and is handled well so she has a great year next year.

Reactions: creekdipper
Haven't seen anything on Zaay. Any chance she returns this year?
I would be very surprised Kellie would blow a year of eligability. Kellie returned, but she was possibly the top point guard and we were a legit national champion team. Zay hasn't even played but 3? games in new system either. I think it would be foolish to play her, when we will be so much better next season, and she will be so much more confident in her knee, and the new system. A sophomore class with Horston, Key, Green, Saunders, and Rennie is something Kellie can really build on.

It takes time because at 1st it seems to be all mental because the player is more focused on the injury which distracts from being focused on game conditions but the timeline is favorable in this case because she'll have the entire summer, partial fall to adjust.

VN Store

Back