Any JJJ updates?

Wonder the same thing...Vols can use his athleticism in this game!
The problem I have with him, he doesn't use the extra gear he sometimes will show. His defensive effort is lacking at times. I feel he may need to see the group coming in to realize he must step it up a notch. I hope he finds it this year though.

The problem I have with him, he doesn't use the extra gear he sometimes will show. His defensive effort is lacking at times. I feel he may need to see the group coming in to realize he must step it up a notch. I hope he finds it this year though.
It may be because he’s not been healthy all year.

Reactions: LibertyVol
At this point of the season, I think James would be better off coming off the bench when he returns.

At this point of the season, I think James would be better off coming off the bench when he returns.
Completely disagree. We HAVE to develop a scorer, and he has 5* talent that hasn't really translated, yet. He needs a lot of touches, drives to the rim, and shots. Next year depends heavily upon it!

Still marvel at those that thought URos would cme off a redshirt year and be ready to be force.

He will be good in a coulp of years under Barnes and Co. He absolutely has to start taking the ball to the hole hard.

Still marvel at those that thought URos would cme off a redshirt year and be ready to be force.

He will be good in a coulp of years under Barnes and Co. He absolutely has to start taking the ball to the hole hard.

I didn't think he would be a force but I did think he would be more than he has shown so far imo. I mean he's 7ft tall for cryin out loud. At the very least a good rebounder anyway simply because of his size. Hopefully Uros can learn body position and when to shield and when to not and be able to use his height to his advantage.

I didn't think he would be a force but I did think he would be more than he has shown so far imo. I mean he's 7ft tall for cryin out loud. At the very least a good rebounder anyway simply because of his size. Hopefully Uros can learn body position and when to shield and when to not and be able to use his height to his advantage.

He’s just a poor athlete that can’t jump. Rebounding is much more than height

Prior to Tennessee when was the last time Uros saw live game action? He’s clearly not an elite athlete who can drop into a situation and thrive. SEC basketball is clearly really fast for him. Why he jerks up shots, is out of position, and doesn’t recognize opportunities. He’ll get better in that respect. Right now he’s just a body, which unfortunately this team needs in the low post.

Play Uros. Next year his length might be needed. Fulk and Keon, Springer, JJJ, Vescovi, and Bailey will get the bulk of the minutes. Walker, Olivier, and Uros will be holding down the middle when Fulk sits.

Play Uros. Next year his length might be needed. Fulk and Keon, Springer, JJJ, Vescovi, and Bailey will get the bulk of the minutes. Walker, Olivier, and Uros will be holding down the middle when Fulk sits.

Jmo but I think Olivier has a higher ceiling. I know we haven’t seen much of it this year but I take Barnes word at face value about how good he can be. He talks about him much the same way he talked about Fulkerson early on and I think he will Eventually overtake URos for minutes

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Jmo but I think Olivier has a higher ceiling. I know we haven’t seen much of it this year but I take Barnes word at face value about how good he can be. He talks about him much the same way he talked about Fulkerson early on and I think he will Eventually overtake URos for minutes

There are times when we'll need 2 posts backed up by 2 more posts. Uros, O(R)N, and Fulk are what we have. Walker and Pons as well, but there will be games when we need a couple of 6'9"ers or better down low. Get them all ready because they'll be complementary to next year's perimeter game. They won't need to take over. Just need to play sound, fundamental ball and be ready to receive passes at the hoop when defenders cheat on defending the 4 and 5 stars on the perimeter.

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back