Any good high school pitchers in Tennessee you happen to be familiar with?

A friend of mine, says his son is a beast pitcher out of a private school in Nashville. His name is Nick Correll, I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember which private school he attends. Last time he updated me, Nick was the #3 pitcher, whichever hand pitcher he is, his Dad was a lefty, I think Nick is a right-handed, tho. But, he has been known to exaggerate

I was talking to a Stewarts Creek High School coach Saturday and he was telling me about a couple they have ones a lefty there is another kid around that plays for Siegal High School I think it is 92-95 mph legitimate fastball.

I'm not sure how highly rated he would be statewide, but I just saw for the first time last week one of our new pitchers at Jackson County. First name is Grayson. Will have to learn last name. He is only a sophomore and in his first game, went 7 innings, struck out atleast 7, and only 3-5 hits. He did hang a pitch on one of those hits. Probably 3 or 4 walks. Held Livingston Academy to 1 run. Except we stranded 12 and never scored. His fastball was not overpowering yet, but good enough, and his off speed stuff was good, as well as his control. Livingston would be one of our better opponents outside of Gordonsville and Trousdale. If I had to guess, he was hitting in the 80's on his fastball. It was a masterful performance for a sophomore in the season opener.

I'm not sure how highly rated he would be statewide, but I just saw for the first time last week one of our new pitchers at Jackson County. First name is Grayson. Will have to learn last name. He is only a sophomore and in his first game, went 7 innings, struck out atleast 7, and only 3-5 hits. He did hang a pitch on one of those hits. Probably 3 or 4 walks. Held Livingston Academy to 1 run. Except we stranded 12 and never scored. His fastball was not overpowering yet, but good enough, and his off speed stuff was good, as well as his control. Livingston would be one of our better opponents outside of Gordonsville and Trousdale. If I had to guess, he was hitting in the 80's on his fastball. It was a masterful performance for a sophomore in the season opener.
They are in Monterey 4/5 this year. I'll try to gt to the game and see if he's pitching. Will try to get some good pics. I did some for some parents a few years back at the district tournament in Monterey. Here are a few.

Attachments

• IMG_3063_1.JPG
    IMG_3063_1.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3056_1 (1).JPG
    IMG_3056_1 (1).JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3098_1 (1).JPG
    IMG_3098_1 (1).JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 8
They are in Monterey 4/5 this year. I'll try to gt to the game and see if he's pitching. Will try to get some good pics. I did some for some parents a few years back at the district tournament in Monterey. Here are a few.
Monterey always has a good team. they pull guys from cookeville High that are good but won't necessarily play there for various reasons. Not the right last name, etc.

Monterey always has a good team. they pull guys from cookeville High that are good but won't necessarily play there for various reasons. Not the right last name, etc.
Not kept up with them in a couple of years, but they did pretty well when I was . If you hear of anyone wanting pics let me know. I will be available. Very reasonable.

A friend of mine, says his son is a beast pitcher out of a private school in Nashville. His name is Nick Correll, I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember which private school he attends. Last time he updated me, Nick was the #3 pitcher, whichever hand pitcher he is, his Dad was a lefty, I think Nick is a right-handed, tho. But, he has been known to exaggerate
Looks like Nick Correll is the 25th ranked player in the state for '22. RHP/3B, the only team he had listed was his travel team, so I still don't know where he goes to school. His Dad didn't exaggerate as much as he usually does, so good for Nick and the family

Grayson Smith went the distance last night for Jackson County in a 4-3 loss. Struck out 16, 2 walks, 3 hits. He's a pretty polished Junior with huge upside hiding in a small rural county high school. I hope he gets on some folks radar.

Reactions: Freak
Grayson Smith
Jackson County High School 2-2 (Should be 3-1)
Junior
2021 to date
2 starts, 12 innings, 4 runs, 8 hits
28 K's, 3 BB, accounted for 19 of 21 outs in a game

Can't remember the stats, but in his one start last year before the season cancelled, he held Livingston Academy to 1 run.

Reactions: Freak
Looks like Nick Correll is the 25th ranked player in the state for '22. RHP/3B, the only team he had listed was his travel team, so I still don't know where he goes to school. His Dad didn't exaggerate as much as he usually does, so good for Nick and the family
He plays for Knights Baseball Academy. Home school travel team that plays other schools. He is highly rated though and will get stronger before the end of next season.

Reactions: The Dog
Trinity here in Jackson has 3 really good ones. 2 leftys and 1 righty. 2 juniors and a sophomore. One MTSU commit. One Auburn commit. And the other is getting some serious looks from some good programs.

Jackson County High School
Grayson Smith, Junior
24 1/3 innings, 42 K's.

He plays for Knights Baseball Academy. Home school travel team that plays other schools. He is highly rated though and will get stronger before the end of next season.
I'm sure it was considered an upset, but TN Heat out of Mt. Juliet beat one of the KA teams at the Alex Cassety Classic at Jackson County over the weekend. Especially since we held TH pretty tight the next day. I have found the KA teams to be pretty good and disciplined. Don't they have several levels of teams and you have to work your way up?? For about $5K a year, I'd want to go straight to the A-Team.

Come up to Sumner County and watch Beech High School's Chase Burns (UT commit) and Luke Sinnard (WKU commit). They pitched back to back no hitters a week ago.

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol

VN Store

Back