Any devout Christians want to sue the NFL?

Only thing I can think of is an Intellectual inferiority complex.
I've been on jury duty 4 or 5 times, the dumbest people I saw during those times were were the defendants followed very closely by their lawyers. Personally I'm surprised by a profession that requires an advanced degree to have so many stupid people working in it.

Reactions: allvol123 and 37L1
If you actually read the content of some of the residential “lawyers” posts on VN then you would know that it’s not an intellectual inferiority complex
I've been on jury duty 4 or 5 times, the dumbest people I saw during those times were were the defendants followed very closely by their lawyers. Personally I'm surprised by a profession that requires an advanced degree to have so many stupid people working in it.

The reality of whether lawyers are smarter or not doesn’t matter, it’s the perception. If you didn’t think they were smart or special in some way it wouldn’t be a put down to tell the lawyers they’re “lawyers” or not lawyers or “counselor” or whatever.

Plus most of you profess to not even like lawyers so It ought to be a compliment. But the apparent reverence for the profession is so great that it overcomes this professional stigma enough that “not a lawyer” becomes an insult.

Honestly, I felt a great sense of pride at passing the bar. It was a lot of work. But I never felt like being a lawyer made me inherently better than anybody until I started posting here and you guys convinced me otherwise.

Last edited:
The reality of whether lawyers are smarter or not doesn’t matter, it’s the perception. If you didn’t think they were smart or special in some way it wouldn’t be a put down to tell the lawyers they’re “lawyers” or not lawyers or “counselor” or whatever.

Plus most of you profess to not even like lawyers so It ought to be a compliment. But the apparent reverence for the profession is so great that it overcomes this professional stigma enough that “not a lawyer” becomes an insult.

Honestly, I felt a great sense of pride at passing the bar. It was a lot of work. But I never felt like being a lawyer made me inherently better than anybody until I started posting here and you guys convinced me otherwise.

Nobody but a lawyer would consider a put down to be because you are special . The perception part is correct , like Drs. we all expect you to be smarter . The reason you hear the word “ counselor “ after an argument point , is usually because you ( in general terms here ) have made one of those DUH statements that as an attorney you should know better . That’s not even counting the fact that it’s an anonymous message board . I can claim to be an English literature professor , that’s also multi billionaire, and I’m just slumming it here on VolNation because I like playing with the minds of the unwashed masses . Smh “ special “ lol

From a musicological perspective, it was a beautifully put together performance that showcased several Latino cultures. And the dancers were not half naked; they were wearing full body costumes with skin colored fabric.

I'm surprised more people here aren't upset that the halftime show gave administration the finger through its references to the wall, family separation, and the poor treatment of Puerto Rico.

As for the dude who believes he could lose his salvation just by seeing people dance? He has a poor understanding of scripture. People should stay away from what he's selling.
AMEN!

From a musicological perspective, it was a beautifully put together performance that showcased several Latino cultures. And the dancers were not half naked; they were wearing full body costumes with skin colored fabric.

I'm surprised more people here aren't upset that the halftime show gave administration the finger through its references to the wall, family separation, and the poor treatment of Puerto Rico.

As for the dude who believes he could lose his salvation just by seeing people dance? He has a poor understanding of scripture. People should stay away from what he's selling.
You really believe the halftime show was about Trump and Puerto Rico and the wall? Lmao it’s because they wanted Lopez and Shakira and wanted to make it Latina sexy dance because people would watch. It’s not that complex

I guess there is no accounting for taste. As a musician I don’t find either to be particularly great artist. Great vocalists? Nope. Dancers? Ok, but big deal.

The outfits were risqué but that’s become normalized. The crotch shots were a little much.
The US pumped aid into PR and it looks like their own leadership hoarded it away.

I guess there is no accounting for taste. As a musician I don’t find either to be particularly great artist. Great vocalists? Nope. Dancers? Ok, but big deal.

The outfits were risqué but that’s become normalized. The crotch shots were a little much.
The US pumped aid into PR and it looks like their own leadership hoarded it away.

This shouldn't have to be pointed out, but halftime shows are barely about the art of the music itself. I'll never put on Shakira and I put the Who and Stones on repeat, but Shakira was 10x the SB performer they were

This shouldn't have to be pointed out, but halftime shows are barely about the art of the music itself. I'll never put on Shakira and I put the Who and Stones on repeat, but Shakira was 10x the SB performer they were
nonsense. The Who in the 70s would annihilate that garbage. The Who in their 70s? Not so much.
I didn’t see anything I would pay for. I mean hell, go to the mouses ear and at least get full frontal.

nonsense. The Who in the 70s would annihilate that garbage. The Who in their 70s? Not so much.
I didn’t see anything I would pay for. I mean hell, go to the mouses ear and at least get full frontal.

The point is that it's not for you

VN Store

Back