Any Data Engineers or Web Designers Interested in Working on UT Football Projects?

In the real world, I'm a Data Scientist. I have a few Tennessee related projects I want to work on. Curious if anyone out there might be interested in helping?

(*) Data viz website. First one is a data visualization website for Tennessee. It's already built it out somewhat, but still messing around with D3 to try to make it work well. Nevertheless, my web design could probably use some work. I'm more of a Python data guy than a web designer. I also admit on a basic level, I hate web design.

(*) Predicting Best QBs. Second project is machine learning algorithm that would use high school stats to try to project how good a college QB would be. I've started working on this, but I'm struggling with ideas on how to automate some of the data collection; it's been very cumbersome thus far. My secret reason for building this is to see how a machine learning model would project our inexperienced QBs next season (Shrout, Maurer, Bailey, or even Hill); also to test out the idea that Bailey is underrated in the ratings services (an opinion many here have; I'm agnostic on it right now).

This is a passion project / hobby; don't really expect us to generate boatloads of money or anything, but maybe if we got things going, we could make a little ad revenue.

Let me know if you want to know more / have other ideas / have interest. I already have some samples of the D3 that can be shared for those that want to see; just not up on website yet.
I'm interested. I've been thinking about similar things for a while, but I knew I couldn't tackle it alone. I'm in software engineering and do full stack work, but I'm a big data and ML guy at heart.

Maybe we should set up a group somewhere. Might be a cool way to exchange ideas. I was going to do a Github repo, which is good for sharing code, but not quite as good for communication.
group as in a slack/discord/etc. group?

yea, github isn't the best, but perhaps you (the owner) could open up issues on your thoughts/ideas and people could weigh in that way. or people could open up their own issues for other ideas that either aren't already implemented or don't have an issue yet

I can share some really cool job openings in the IT market, there is a massive talent gap for people with your skills in the Charlotte IT market.

Reactions: Willie Hutch

VN Store

Back