Any chance we see Keyshawn Lawrence on the field soon?

VOL Outlaw

Playing him at STAR it seems the coaches are looking for a way to get him on the field. Pruitt said he's a guy that continues to show up.

"We’ve moved a few guys around. Just an example, like Keyshawn Lawrence. He’s a guy that we recruited in here to play corner, so all during the summer when we had the walk throughs, he played corner and as we practiced a couple of days he looked really good, but we didn’t think maybe he was going to be in front of Alontae (Taylor) or Bryce (Thompson), but we thought, ‘Hey, this a guy we want to find a way to get him on the field.’ So, we’re thinking maybe in our six defensive back package, move the kid to safety and give him a chance to be a starter in our six defensive back package. So, he practices at safety for probably seven or eight practices, and then we lose all of our corners to quarantine and to be able to practice, just to have numbers we move him back to corner. That’s a particular situation that probably wasn’t fair to him and it’s probably delayed his development as a defensive player, but we’ve just left him at corner, and he’s done really well.

"This week, we’re going to play him a little bit at STAR in this open week just to see from a conceptual standpoint how he does there because he’s a guy that continues to kind of show up. Tamarion McDonald is another guy that obviously didn’t practice any until two weeks ago, so this is a really good week for him just to go back to the first four days of fall camp. How we put in everything from middle field coverage to split safety coverage to man-to-man, to fire zones, to pressures with trap and things like that, just to kind of go back and get a foundation for him. There’s is a lot of guys that kind of fall into that.”

Playing him at STAR it seems the coaches are looking for a way to get him on the field. Pruitt said he's a guy that continues to show up.
they need him at star because what we are pkaying now sucks and the slot over the middle is killing us.

Reactions: 508mikey
We better see Lawrence and a lot more freshman soon - Bailey, Wideman, Calloway, Beckwith, Omari Thomas, Dominic Bailey, Morven Joseph....

Have really only seen Barron, Hyatt, Small and Slaugher thus far

Shamburger is a liability. Lawrence can't be worst and atleast will learn and improve.

We better see Lawrence and a lot more freshman soon - Bailey, Wideman, Calloway, Beckwith, Omari Thomas, Dominic Bailey, Morven Joseph....

Both Thomas and Joseph have played many snaps.

Reactions: feathersax
In a season that counts towards NO ONE'S eligibility.......why aren't all of the young talent getting meaningful reps?

How else will the staff truly know what players can do what if they aren't getting on the field in the game experience? Practice?

Practice. I'm beyond sick about the practice excuse and not knowing the system? What system and what practice? Tennessee sucks. Their system sucks and obviously their practices are ineffective.

In a season that counts towards NO ONE'S eligibility.......why aren't all of the young talent getting meaningful reps?

How else will the staff truly know what players can do what if they aren't getting on the field in the game experience? Practice?

Practice. I'm beyond sick about the practice excuse and not knowing the system? What system and what practice? Tennessee sucks. Their system sucks and obviously their practices are ineffective.

whaaaa2.gif

Thomas has seen some snaps and has a few tackles but he needs more playing time to develop...but he has the physical size and skills to be a big help to our struggling 3-4 D.

Hopefully coming out of the bye week more of the freshmen will get snaps. i think I counted about 18 seniors in our two deep So we definitely need to get some young guys ready.

Reactions: preacherwebb

Wow...ignorance is bliss.

The mystifying thing, as has been stated ad nauseum. It doesn't count. Play em.

I don't think Pruitt ever wanted to play Shamburger. He was forced to and looked alright in a couple of games.

Statistically Shamburger was our best player last year. At ANY position. I think I read that we didn’t give up a passing TD while he and Bryce were shaded to the same side. What’s happening this year is mysterious.

I don't think Pruitt ever wanted to play Shamburger. He was forced to and looked alright in a couple of games.
Yeah but what happened to Shamburger? He was great last year and now it’s like he’s never played the Star position in his life.

Hopefully getting into the middle of the season we will get some of our freshman on the field, in a year that doesn't count and a weak senior class we need to be getting players ready for next year, NOW! GBO!!!!!

VN Store

Back