• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Answer me this...

PineyBluff Vol

Why no ten second half court rule in the Women's game? I understand, at one time girls did not play as well as the boys. I was around when they were playing offense and defense basketball. Times are definitely changed and the girl's game has vastly improved...so once again...why no ten second rule?

To slow the game down and make it even more boring. I complain about this every time I watch a women's game (2-3 times a year).

Also, shouldn't you lose a point anytime you take an open layup that doesnt even hit rim?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

To slow the game down and make it even more boring. I complain about this every time I watch a women's game (2-3 times a year).

Also, shouldn't you lose a point anytime you take an open layup that doesnt even hit rim?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

only if you do the same to men who airball free throws

Why no ten second half court rule in the Women's game? I understand, at one time girls did not play as well as the boys. I was around when they were playing offense and defense basketball. Times are definitely changed and the girl's game has vastly improved...so once again...why no ten second rule?

i must admit, i am in favor of a rule change. never thought about it or bug till this year. they should be rewarded for good defense.

No 10 second backcourt violation because the shot clock is 30 sec. in women's bball, as opposed to 35 sec. in men's ball. I don't understand WHY they don't have 35 sec. in women's, but they don't, and that's the reason for no 10 second timeline rule. TIFWIW.

Did the 10 second rule come before the shot clock in the men's game? Sort of like the 5 second rule defending a player in the frontcourt? If the shot clock had always been a part of the game, neither of those rules might exist. I'm guessing that the shot clock came fairly early in the development of women's CBB, making the 10 second rule somewhat unnecessary.

No idea. I like the idea of the 10 second rule though, because it keeps teams from dancing around all day in backcourt and avoiding scoring until the shot clock dictates so. I just think it's stupid that there's a difference between the men's and women's aspect of it.

They should also teach men how to make free throws as the women, for the most part, are moocho better at making free throws.

you have stats to back this up?

just because you like watching women's basketball, it doesn't mean you have to make up lies to support your decision.

I think the overall average FT % is close with both teams. Nothing to brag about on either side.

I think the overall average FT % is close with both teams. Nothing to brag about on either side.

it seemed more like he/she was speaking about women and men in general, not just the UT teams.

either way:
NCAA this year: men 69.3%, women 68.7%
UT this year: men 68.4%, 66.6%

pretty much no difference. but, keep on bringing out the false platitude that the women's game is much better fundamentally.

They should also teach men how to make free throws as the women, for the most part, are moocho better at making free throws.

Unless it's a clutch situation and then, choke city. I would like to see a comparison of women's free throw percentages in clutch and non-clutch situations. Down the stretch in a close game, it seems like their percentage is cut in half.

VN Store

Back