Another Year, another bad decision at QB

Anyone trotting out the argument at this point that Bailey is on the bench because of brilliant coaching is not exactly revealing a capacious knowledge of the game of football.
Obviously the coaches don't believe he is their guy so move on

The offensive scheme from the first to the second quarter of the pit game shows what happens when the play-callers abandon the deep ball because the quarterback can't execute. When Milton got hurt they brought in another one who can't see the field.

Bailey is the only QB that can execute a passing offense. Lets just run the triple option if we keep Milton as our starter.

It's aggravating after watching JG for what seamed like eternity.
We have a serious quarterback problem.

Or it could be that we just have another incompetent coach who doesn't want to be revealed as having been wildly wrong and thus cares more about his pride than the success or failure of the team.
Child please. Watch Bailey on the sidelines and at practice. His teammates don’t even know he’s alive. Kid lives in a shell. Look at his Instagram. Only cares about himself. Can’t hide that from teammates and coaches. Not a leader.

Child please. Watch Bailey on the sidelines and at practice. His teammates don’t even know he’s alive. Kid lives in a shell. Look at his Instagram. Only cares about himself. Can’t hide that from teammates and coaches. Not a leader.
There's reaching, and then there's this. Did it ever occur to you that he keeps to himself at this point because he realizes the absurdity and dishonesty of his coach keeping him on the bench for these other two clowns?

Maybe so but he would have 3 TD passes in the 1st quarter and the game would have been over!

If I remember correctly, Hooker got us into the end zone 3 times in the second half. The pick was a big no no, but he definitely moved the ball in the air and with his feet. I liked what I saw from him overall. A couple more starts and he might very well settle down and do the job. If we go back to Milton, get out the life rafts because we’re screwed.

The offensive scheme from the first to the second quarter of the pit game shows what happens when the play-callers abandon the deep ball because the quarterback can't execute. When Milton got hurt they brought in another one who can't see the field.

Bailey is the only QB that can execute a passing offense. Lets just run the triple option if we keep Milton as our starter.

Agree completely. If Bailey had been the QB, we would probably have been up 21-0 in the first Qtr. Milton is a freak athlete, but he's not an elite QB, maybe not even a serviceable QB. Special teams and D played well enough to win but couldn't overcome dismally poor QB play. I saw enough of Bailey last year to know he gave us the best chance to win this game. The rest of the team and the fans deserve better from the QB position. Milton and Hooker have been given a chance and there is no way Bailey could be worse, so why not give him a shot?

Yes, because fans are supposed to be sheep and accept whatever we're given regardless of how incompetent the coaching decisions behind it.

No.
Not here to argue I'm just curious what you plan to do about it. I may want to help, if it's a good plan.

I think you’re right. The play calling wasn’t atrocious tho. Poor execution by Oline and skill positions. Really missed Mays and Evans. We also had little slot play when Hyatt went down.

Sometimes (sometimes) you look good losing. This game wasn’t one of them...It was Pitt.....we looked like a sub average team with an abused, beat down fan base.

Hooker looks uncomfortable but embarrassingly better than Milton who is a totally liability at QB. It’s gonna be years till we can compete again. I hope to god it’s this coaching staff that can turn the tides... I do feel better than Pruitt-era football ((Pruitt was an idiot)) but have my doubts. Come on Vols

We don't need a different QB, just taller receivers - preferably 8' tall or better.

Bailey can’t be put in because if he does then cjh could have a qb controversy
He's got one now! Two guys that have not gotten it done and one that looked pretty good last year as a freshman in spite of having an incompetent coach.

With Milton at QB, all the D has to do is play press man-to-man and load the box. Milton can't beat a team deep, so all you have to do is stuff the run and take away the short passes, which is what Pitt did. If you've got a QB that can hit the deep pass (Bailey), the entire field opens up.

VN Store

Back