Another THP Officer shows his true colors

"I got out and got my fire extinguisher just to make it look good," Trooper Charles Van Morgan told Tennessee Highway Patrol investigators. "I knew he was dead, but you, you got to do that for the media and everyone else. I was just trying to put on a show."

What a douche. I hope he get locked up for the rest of his obese, pompous life.
But, being in Law Enforcement - he'll get a public reprimand and likely a generous severance package.

not saying what the THP did was right because it wasn't....but the kid ran from him....that's right he RAN from the police....and with every bad choice comes a consequence and unfortunately for this young man it was death....

not saying what the THP did was right because it wasn't....but the kid ran from him....that's right he RAN from the police....and with every bad choice comes a consequence and unfortunately for this young man it was death....

The story was about the copper being a d!ck. Not a story about the young man's actions.

The story was about the copper being a d!ck. Not a story about the young man's actions.

well would we be talking about this story had the young man not decided to make these actions? not taking up for the thp by any means but you have to look on both sides of the story when something like this comes out.

"Anitos parents filed a $10 million wrongful-death lawsuit against Morgan and the THP in federal court this week"

That's pathetic...

well would we be talking about this story had the young man not decided to make these actions? not taking up for the thp by any means but you have to look on both sides of the story when something like this comes out.

I was under the impression that police were supposed to protect and serve, not "put on a show".

Cop's an ass, and there is no other way to look at it.

Reactions: 1 person
I was under the impression that police were supposed to protect and serve, not "put on a show".

He may be but not as big of an ass as someone who gets drunk and drives 40 over the limit. Then evades the police when he gets caught doing it.

"Anitos parents filed a $10 million wrongful-death lawsuit against Morgan and the THP in federal court this week"

That's pathetic...

Absolutely. The guy should be fired immediately, but the parents bringing forth a lawsuit after their son was involved in a chase and the result of his death was by his own doing, is asinine.

The THP's actions are far more egregious than the young man who made a foolish decision. Young man made a stupid decision based on inexperience. THP made a decison based on knowingly and willingly avoiding the possibility of saving the young man's life and seems to have no remorse over his actions. (THP didn't know the kid was already dead when he intentionally avoided the wreck)

a lot of cops are asses... and he was trying to protect and serve when he tried to pull him over for going 80 in a 40 but the kid decided to run...

but like others have said he should have and has been relieved of his duties for driving past the car after the kid wrecked.

VN Store

Back