Another Tebow thread with a poll.....

Would you like to see Tebow succeed in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpaceCoastVol

Jacked up on moonshine and testosterone
I think it would be interesting to get a poll on how many want to see him succeed even though he is full of gator DNA. On another forum I frequent one guy said that Tebow doesn't have many supporters out there. Personally even as a UT fan and gator hater, I want him to do well just to shut the media up. So....

No. From what I've heard his choir boy act is a facade and he is actually a self-absorbed *******. Combine that with the fact that the only reason he is getting this opportunity is because of his scum bag buddy Urban. The Jets tried to use Tebow in a Taysom Hill role and it didn't work. He looked awful. I really don't even see him being a factor.

Tim Tebow Destroyed In New Book About John Elway, Charged $50K To Speak At Churches

No. From what I've heard his choir boy act is a facade and he is actually a self-absorbed *******. Combine that with the fact that the only reason he is getting this opportunity is because of his scum bag buddy Urban. The Jets tried to use Tebow in a Taysom Hill role and it didn't work. He looked awful. I really don't even see him being a factor.

Tim Tebow Destroyed In New Book About John Elway, Charged $50K To Speak At Churches
I’ve always wondered if it’s a bit of an act. When he was in college, he was buying drinks for Aaron Hernandez at a bar when AH was just 18 or 19. I hope Tebow is a good guy, and I’d like to see him succeed. But I’ll always have a bit of skepticism about him.

It's tough to make it in the league, especially when you're 33, don't deserve to be there, and have to run slants to the middle.

Those bells ringing Tebow is about to hear aren't from the church he spoke at during the week......

I’ve always wondered if it’s a bit of an act. When he was in college, he was buying drinks for Aaron Hernandez at a bar when AH was just 18 or 19. I hope Tebow is a good guy, and I’d like to see him succeed. But I’ll always have a bit of skepticism about him.
Always seemed to be too much show to me. I’m always skeptical of showy Christians or showy anything for that matter.

Reactions: davethevol
The guy won a Heisman, a couple of Natty's and was a first round pick and does not have a criminal record.

There has to be some correlation with his success and as a person.

As a Christian myself, I always view people who broadcast the fact and wear it on their sleeve as a bit suspect. Matthew 6: 1-7

The guy won a Heisman, a couple of Natty's and was a first round pick and does not have a criminal record.

He is a gifted athlete and not a criminal. Yay??

[QUOTE="VolInNW, post: 19817335, member: 71525

He is a gifted athlete and not a criminal. Yay??[/QUOTE]

🍪

Figures you're a big fan.

As a Christian myself, I always view people who broadcast the fact and wear it on their sleeve as a bit suspect. Matthew 6: 1-7

He is a gifted athlete and not a criminal. Yay??
The thing with Tebow is that at least it appears, as far as we know, that he walks the walk. You are correct, he is a big broadcaster of that fact and talks a lot about it (which I am not a huge fan of either; actions speak louder than words) but he does appear to put his money where his mouth is.

I do think he is something of a self-absorbed guy that is always acutely aware of where the cameras are, but many people in his position are.

It's probably not fair to hold it against Tebow, but I really got sick of hearing about that "promise speech" he gave at a press conference after Florida lost to Ole Miss in 2008. The sports media and Florida fans wouldn't shut up about it. The ESPN Gameday crew celebrated it as if it belonged in the same pantheon as MLK's "I have a dream" and Churchill's "finest hour". Florida even commemorated it with a plaque. The Tebow slurp-fest went too far and became annoying. I was glad when Peyton chose Denver in 2012, just to get rid of that Tebow mania crap.

It's probably not fair to hold it against Tebow, but I really got sick of hearing about that "promise speech" he gave at a press conference after Florida lost to Ole Miss in 2008. The sports media and Florida fans wouldn't shut up about it. The ESPN Gameday crew celebrated it as if it belonged in the same pantheon as MLK's "I have a dream" and Churchill's "finest hour". Florida even commemorated it with a plaque. The Tebow slurp-fest went too far and became annoying. I was glad when Peyton chose Denver in 2012, just to get rid of that Tebow mania crap.
Even some of Florida's own players who were on Tebow's teams have kind of said that. A few of them have commented that Tebow was a leader on those teams, not the leader, and there were 4-5 other guys on those teams whose leadership impact was just as big as Tebow's. They were kind of bemused at how the media singularly worshiped Tebow. In fact the article below (which is awesome, by the way) said many considered Brandon Spikes the emotional leader of the team and Percy Harvin was the best player...not Tebow.

From The Mag: The rise, fall of Urban Meyer's Florida Gators

Incomplete poll. Missing “Don’t Care” as an option.

This is what bother me the most and a perfect example of fake news.

This Tebow situation is fake news. The story is real. Tim Tebow has signed a one year contract with the Jags. What's "fake" is the level of coverage this is getting.

A 33 (34 at the start of the season) year old player who has been out of football since 2015 is attempting to make the roster as a 3rd string TE on a 1-15 football team that is among the worst franchises in professional sports in one of the smallest markets in professional sports.

No one cares. This should have been on the crawl of the scoreboard ticker on the bottom of the screen (if that) on the day it happened and that's it.

But, the level of scrutiny and analysis this is getting is mind blowing. I am starting to believe that the signing was made to take all of the pressure off of Trevor Lawrence because apparently no one seems to remember that the Jags drafted a once a decade (according to "experts") QB prospect with the #1 overall pick. Lawrence can throw 3 picks in his first preseason game and they'll talk how Tebow caught a pass for a 2 yard gain.

And people debating the decision as if they gave up draft picks to get him, he's sucking up cap space or they can't cut him tomorrow is mind boggling.

Incredible.

I hadn't thought of that, but if that is Meyer's rationale, it's not a bad idea in theory...

If I know Urban, he legitimately thinks Tebow can help his team win football games and would like the Summer and Fall to evaluate if he is correct.

If Tebow can still physically do things that he did when he left the game, I can see him playing as an up-back on a punt team, being used in short yardage, as a hybrid TE, fullback that will mainly be a blocker, etc.

He's not being groomed or expected to be a legitimate weapon in the passing game.

Honestly, I think there are times he's going to want to run college stuff and have the QB run with the football. You can't do that with Lawrence because even though he has all the tools physically to execute it, you don't want to damage your prized future Hall of Fame QB. But, Tebow is expendable. If he gets injured trying to get a first down on 3rd and 1, no big deal.

But, that's at best. You're talking about a situational player.....at best.

VN Store

Back