Another staggering folly by fulmer...

Based on the allegations that recently surfaced I kinda expected fulmer to make a statement rejected an invitation to a bowl game as a self imposed ban. We have absolutely nothing to play for this season and are an absolute $hit show right now. It would’ve been the perfect opportunity to get out ahead of this thing (as the article linked below suggest is often offered by the offending university). That’s exactly what lsu did this year. Instead fulmer accepts the invitation only to be forced to withdrawal a day later. So now we’re not playing in a game but could still have the possibility of a bowl ban in the future as we’re not going to get the benefit of not playing this year which could be used as a bargaining chip.
I can’t tell who’s more in over their heads at this point between fulmer and Pruitt. Both are historically bad. I guess we have to go with fulmer because he’s the idiot that hired the idiot.

NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions discusses Tennessee's alleged wrongdoings

I hope this doesn’t get merged. There’s already a couple of fire fulmer threads. But I think this is different in substance as it relates specifically to the bowl game and potential infractions were facing.
I think the SEC made the decision for every team in our Conference. They are looking for revenue and will demand every team play unless they have problems with Covid numbers.

Based on the allegations that recently surfaced I kinda expected fulmer to make a statement rejected an invitation to a bowl game as a self imposed ban. We have absolutely nothing to play for this season and are an absolute $hit show right now. It would’ve been the perfect opportunity to get out ahead of this thing (as the article linked below suggest is often offered by the offending university). That’s exactly what lsu did this year. Instead fulmer accepts the invitation only to be forced to withdrawal a day later. So now we’re not playing in a game but could still have the possibility of a bowl ban in the future as we’re not going to get the benefit of not playing this year which could be used as a bargaining chip.
I can’t tell who’s more in over their heads at this point between fulmer and Pruitt. Both are historically bad. I guess we have to go with fulmer because he’s the idiot that hired the idiot.

NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions discusses Tennessee's alleged wrongdoings

I hope this doesn’t get merged. There’s already a couple of fire fulmer threads. But I think this is different in substance as it relates specifically to the bowl game and potential infractions were facing.
Not worried about an investigation. What's the worst they can do since we are already bottom of the barrel. Keeping Pruitt in 2021 is punishment enough.

No, they weren't. The coaches were out with COVID, had nothing to do with the allegations. Gray was cleared by UT Compliance on Saturday, per Chris Low of ESPN, and would have been available for the game if it had been a night game instead of a noon game.

You can't self-impose a bowl ban the day bowl announcements are made and expect to receive credit for it, anyway.

Here's the thing about all of this: These type of internal compliance investigations go on all the time at every school. Most of the time, they end up producing nothing or little more than a trip for coaches to a rules eduction seminar. Someone wanted to try to drag Pruitt through some of it here. I'm told by a friend in the media up there that whoever leaked the story to Wallace had tried to get other media members to report it a week or more ago. But after vetting the story, they all passed because the nature of the investigation is likely to lead to no serious issues. Wallace went with it and there's nothing wrong with that, it just made what typically would have been a non-story into another thing on the list at the end of a long season.

I just listened to Wallace on 104.5 the zone in Nashville and he mentioned “it had been a whirl wind weekend but he was BACK HOME IN ALABAMA visiting family for the holidays so everything was great”. Maybe that bolded section explains why he may be the one who ran with it. He also spent half of his time defending himself for putting the story out there so...

Reactions: Rickyvol77
He's a terrible AD. He doesn't think ahead. He simply reacts to (but mainly ignores) present day circumstances. Any intelligent AD would have known weeks ago Pruitt was in trouble and began to plan for a replacement. He simply hoped things would work out. He's still hoping things will work out next year. He's a terrible AD

Who is Pruitt in trouble with other than a lot of fans? Need something other than rumor.

Seems like Fulmer is on Saban's payroll!!

You sir suffer from being spoiled by you mother!

Reactions: Bennessee01

I agree a 1000%!!!

So you’re saying you don’t think the violations are serious enough to possibly warrant a bowl ban in the future? They were serious enough to suspend 2 coaches and 2 players including our best offensive player for the game Saturday.

If there’s even a remote chance that our violations could result in penalties this season would've served as the perfect opportunity to sacrifice (while not really sacrificing anything meaningful) a bowl game in an effort to get out in front of things. That’s what lsu did earlier this year. A lot of folks laughed at their timing. They were 3-5 and getting ready to play Florida. They obviously had n
othing meaningful to play for this season so why not.

Where was it said Grey and co. Were suspended for violations? Except on here.

Allfortennessee had an article that said Ansley,Graham,and Nieds were not on the field sat possibly because of the infractions inquiry.Also,Gray and Mauer.Does anybody have any up to date information about this?Or,is this just what you call "clickbait"to pass the time?Really curious.

Who is Pruitt in trouble with other than a lot of fans? Need something other than rumor.

Well we can start with every fan with a brain. And probably most every booster. Then there's fellow coaches who he can't seem to keep together. Oh yeah, the athletic support and acedemic staff. Actually, who is in not in trouble with?

Well we can start with every fan with a brain. And probably most every booster. Then there's fellow coaches who he can't seem to keep together. Oh yeah, the athletic support and acedemic staff. Actually, who is in not in trouble with?

Looks as if you're quoting opinion rather than fact. "And probably most every booster." This statement by you is a dead givaway that this is your opinion. Exactly how many fans agree with you? How many do not? Name the boosters who are with you? Which ones are not? Which fellow coaches? What academic and support staff? Prove your point by giving names.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back