Another Huge Week Awaits.

hatvol96

Two very winnable road games coming up. If you're going to contend, these are the type of games that need to go into the W column.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The next five games are very winnable with the four games after that being toss ups. If they can at least win four out of the next five, they would be in solid contention for the SEC title and an NCAA tournament birth. At Arkansas and at Mississippi are the two tough wins. As long as we don't lose both of those, we'll be in pretty good position.

Last edited:
I wonder which Arkansas we'll get, the one that lost to Missouri State or the one that beat TX and OK.

With road trips to Gainesville, Columbia and Lexington still on the schedule, these are two games that they really need to go out and get. Winnable games vs. struggling teams.

I wonder which Arkansas we'll get, the one that lost to Missouri State or the one that beat TX and OK.

the better question is which Tennesee team shows up
I hope last night was the beginning of an upward trend for the vols

Last edited:
The next five games are very winnable with the four games after that being toss ups. If they can at least win four out of the next five, they would be in solid contention for the SEC title and an SEC tournament birth. At Arkansas and at Mississippi are the two tough wins. As long as we don't lose both of those, we'll be in pretty good position.

Every SEC team is in the SEC tournament, unless they are on a post season band.

If last nights team shows up we win these two games this week.
Like i read earlier in this thread we still have to go to Columbia, Lexington, & Gainesville. We need to get these two wins this week

how can you guys talk basketball with national signing day just around the corner and all the tales of this weekend's meltdown in our recruiting?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We probably need 11 SEC wins (reg season and tourney combined) to be a lock for NCAA. Getting these two road wins would be huge.

Not with our SOS. We have enough quality wins to make it by going 9-7.

I'm well aware of our RPI and SOS. That might be true if they didn't take into account the last 10 games played and other factors. 9-7 and a loss in SEC tourney would mean we went 5-5 or 4-6 in last 10 with a very weak showing in a very weak conference. That wouldn't make us a lock. Also, keep in mind that every SEC game we play weakens our SOS. I just don't think an 18 win team from the SEC this year is a "lock" for the NCAA tourney.

I'm well aware of our RPI and SOS. That might be true if they didn't take into account the last 10 games played and other factors. 9-7 and a loss in SEC tourney would mean we went 5-5 or 4-6 in last 10 with a very weak showing in a very weak conference. That wouldn't make us a lock. Also, keep in mind that every SEC game we play weakens our SOS. I just don't think a 18 win team from the SEC is a "lock" for the NCAA tourney.

Name 4 other teams that should/will get picked before Tennessee. There's none, we have the best resume of any team in the conference.

Name 4 other teams that should/will get picked before Tennessee. There's none, we have the best resume of any team in the conference.

I agree with you. RIGHT NOW we have the best resume. If we go 5-5 down the stretch and look bad there very well could be 3 teams ahead of us, and right now I don't know if the SEC gets more than 3 into the NCAA tourney.

Also, keep in mind that two of the teams we are competing against are LSU and UK. We are 0-2 against those teams.

I never trust this team in any game with their lack of killer instinct...

VN Store

Back