Another dandy by Whitelaw Reid

even if he's simply trolling vol fans, that fact alone demonstrates that he does not possess enough professionalism or impartiality to be a paid sportswriter, let along an ap voter.

even if he's simply trolling vol fans, that fact alone demonstrates that he does not possess enough professionalism or impartiality to be a paid sportswriter, let along an ap voter.

This could fit well in the Griff thread.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Or you realize that you can be a jerk and gain a lot of press and notoriety with it.

Want him to shut up and go away? Ignore him. If you talk and retweet his stuff you just add fuel to the fire.

Seriously again? Is this your response anytime someone like this is critisized. I bet if he wanted to be a laughing stock like this he could have found a better way than to leave tennessee out of the top 25. Why do you assume he likes this?

Seriously again? Is this your response anytime someone like this is critisized. I bet if he wanted to be a laughing stock like this he could have found a better way than to leave tennessee out of the top 25. Why do you assume he likes this?

Shock value and controversy resonates (ratings, website hits and discussion). Boring and dull doesn't. That's why Howard Stern just reupped with Sirius, Finebaum is now a nationwide show, and there is at least one thread a week about Colin Cowherd on here.

That said, I don't think his initial reasoning of leaving UT out of the Top 25 was to do this. Now that he's pissed off the masses though, why not ride it for all it's worth.

And to answer your question - yes, 99 times out of 100 this will be my answer to people who willingly listen to, read, or watch someone who continually makes them mad and then gripe about it.

good point, he wins by looking like an idiot.

He doesn't give two craps what you think he looks like - his job is to get his name out there in the form of blog hits, mentions and radio listeners. Therefore, he wins when people talk about him.

he also wins by being exposed as a terrible voter and hopefully has hit ballot taken away so he can devote more time to the juggernauts in Charlottesville

He doesn't give two craps what you think he looks like - his job is to get his name out there in the form of blog hits, mentions and radio listeners. Therefore, he wins when people talk about him.

if that's sole the point of journalism or reporting, there's no real use for the media then. they're just noise.

if that's sole the point of journalism or reporting, there's no real use for the media then. they're just noise.

Isn't Reid's column an opinion column? So what does investigative journalism have to do with anything we are talking about here?

One thing and one thing only completely silences those who are not qualified to speak: performance. Talk's cheap, the action's on the court & right now, we're ok there.

Isn't Reid's column an opinion column? So what does investigative journalism have to do with anything we are talking about here?

yes, it's just an opinion colomn. one that should not be protected from criticism just because it gets clicks, which is my point. i simply grouped journalism in as something that isn't free from critique just because it gets hits.

yes, it's just an opinion colomn. one that should not be protected from criticism just because it gets clicks, which is my point. i simply grouped journalism in as something that isn't free from critique just because it gets hits.

I didn't say he wasn't an idiot. I'm saying he is doing his job, much like another person who gets talked about a lot on here - Cowherd. People say "Oh, he sucks". Well, it's not his job in an opinion column to please the masses. His job is to have his blog talked about and his name mentioned and get hits on his website. You want this clown to go away? Stop talking about him, stop going to his website, and stop listening to him.

what about his job of voting for the top-25 basketball teams? He doing that well too?

As a voter, he fails. As a columnist, he wins. Didn't know that I had to distinguish the two, since they are two different things.

I didn't say he wasn't an idiot. I'm saying he is doing his job, much like another person who gets talked about a lot on here - Cowherd. People say "Oh, he sucks". Well, it's not his job in an opinion column to please the masses. His job is to have his blog talked about and his name mentioned and get hits on his website. You want this clown to go away? Stop talking about him, stop going to his website, and stop listening to him.

not sure why you think i'm saying one should please the masses, but okay. learn to read or try to better understand my point, which i believe i've posted twice in this thread.

i never said i wanted anyone to go away.

As a voter, he fails. As a columnist, he wins. Didn't know that I had to distinguish the two, since they are two different things.

getting cheap hits doesn't make him a good journalist it just makes him a hack. His votes are showing he's also uninformed about college basketball (and about those also in his profession)

Mods, please delete a vast, vast majority of the political forum. Much of it features articles, who's sole intentions are to get ratings, not make a solid point. Most of the rest is posters simply wanting attention. All anyone wants is attention.

VN Store

Back