another article smearing Peyton

All I have to say is, go make your own opinions. Read up on eye witness accounts and other public information.

Just because Peyton was a Vol does not make him a saint. Don't be ignorant, check out the reports yourself and make your own conclusion.

Shouldn't you be over in RF predicting all of our 17 recruits to UGA?

Reactions: 5 people
You are completely right. Peyton gave her an undisclosed amount of $$ and an agreement to seal the case permanently from the public because he mooned her. Naïveté.

Peyton Manning didn't pay "Bumper" a dime over that initial lawsuit filed in 1997. The Univ. of Tennessee did.

Reactions: 3 people
Also, Jamie Whited had a nickname among the football team of "Bumper" because she was busty. She was well aware of this nickname and never discouraged it's use - she even laughed along with it. Phil Fulmer was also aware of her nickname. Jamie Whited had dated multiple members of the football team and had a loose reputation. Fulmer once joked to her while in the trainer's room that "You like big men don't you." That was a reference to the fact that she had dated some linemen - and of course, that Phil was a 'big man' himself. She wasn't taken seriously at all. I'm not condoning what Manning did at all but she was not respected among the football team or those who worked with her. This probably contributed to an environment where Peyton thought it was okay to treat her the way he did - again he was wrong and should have been smarter than that even at 19... I'm just saying that Jamie Whited was no doe eyed, little lost angel in a den of wolves. Her actions also suggest someone who was an opportunist.

As you said, this is still not an excuse for Peyton to do what he did. In addition, why do you think Whited went along with being called these names in the training room?

So he's mad that Peyton and the Broncos ruined the Cam super bowl celebration. What goes around comes around. His hero probably doesn't have a sparkling clean image as well.

I really wonder sometimes if those who live in the eyes of the public believe it is worth it. Anything and everything that you may have done at any point in your live (from birth to adulthood) on display and evaluated by "perfect, never done anything that someone might have a problem with" media folks.

All I have to say is, go make your own opinions. Read up on eye witness accounts and other public information.

Just because Peyton was a Vol does not make him a saint. Don't be ignorant, check out the reports yourself and make your own conclusion.

Very well said

As you said, this is still not an excuse for Peyton to do what he did. In addition, why do you think Whited went along with being called these names in the training room?

Because she was only offended by being called "Bumper" when it was time to seek money over it. The use of that nickname being cited in her civil lawsuit was a source of hilarity among the football team and even her co-workers on the training staff. She actually dated a player who had openly used it.

Reactions: 3 people
If you were Jamie Whited why would you also not do #1 and #2? Ask yourself that question.

Businessman asks a beautiful woman, "will u have sex with me for $1 mil?" She says, "ur nice looking, sure for $1 mil".

Then he asks "how about $100?" She says "no! Do u think I'm a whore"

He replies "we've established that fact now we're haggling over the price"

Reactions: 1 person
I have doubts about that story - Why would the star QB go to a trainer about a possible stress fracture in his foot ? Fulmer would most likely have called a real doctor or made him get xrays at a hospital.

Apparently to get 'roasted' in the fball forum, you just have make up something or just ignore the post you are responding to.

Really because I asked you an hour ago to articulate what you thought was well written about the article and still haven't heard a word back. Who's ignoring whom?

OUR recruits implies they are commited. Keep ignoring the issue at hand hahaha

Our recruits implies that they are actively being recruited by the University and its fan base. OUR COMMITMENTS implies they are committed. But keep trying, this is really amusing me.

To answer your question, I thought the article was well-written from a vernacular and structural point of view. He is a good writer. You may not agree with what he writes, but that doesn't mean he isn't good at stylistically crafting a story of interest.

Also, Jamie Whited had a nickname among the football team of "Bumper" because she was busty. She was well aware of this nickname and never discouraged it's use - she even laughed along with it. Phil Fulmer was also aware of her nickname. Jamie Whited had dated multiple members of the football team and had a loose reputation. Fulmer once joked to her while in the trainer's room that "You like big men don't you." That was a reference to the fact that she had dated some linemen - and of course, that Phil was a 'big man' himself. She wasn't taken seriously at all. I'm not condoning what Manning did at all but she was not respected among the football team or those who worked with her. This probably contributed to an environment where Peyton thought it was okay to treat her the way he did - again he was wrong and should have been smarter than that even at 19... I'm just saying that Jamie Whited was no doe eyed, little lost angel in a den of wolves. Her actions also suggest someone who was an opportunist.

Watch yourself brother, don't breach the "sealed" part of the settlement.

To answer your question, I thought the article was well-written from a vernacular and structural point of view. He is a good writer. You may not agree with what he writes, but that doesn't mean he isn't good at stylistically crafting a story of interest.

I'm going to let you in on a secret. "Good writers" don't write for that particular media outlet. It's a trash tabloid. Seriously man, Google Shaun King, and then come back and tell me that if you owned a decent newspaper you would hire him. If it wasn't for his BLM connections he would be writing for the Star.

Reactions: 2 people
Watch yourself brother, don't breach the "sealed" part of the settlement.

LOL! What's funny is, that the KNS and Mike Keith both covered this story extensively in 1997. To suggest there was a cover up is absurd. Everything I wrote was either discussed on Sports Talk with Mike Keith or printed in the KNS... the only thing I deduced was that she wasn't taken seriously or respected but even that was more than implied. The nickname "Bumper" and that interaction with Fulmer were common knowledge among those who followed this back then and around campus at the time. Some critics of Peyton's want to act like he was given a free pass for this but he wasn't. This story has been beaten to death.

VN Store

Back