Andy Landers !

I will give props to him he was ask on the spot by ESPN host Maria Taylor what kind of Tenn team we might see against UCLA. He paused for a long time and pretty much laid blame to the team leaders Westbrook, Davis , Jackson and the head coach Holly. And Rebeca Lobo called out Davis.
Davis has been very disappointing. She seemingly checks out in the middle of the game, shows zero hustle at times and seems to lack that killer instinct that dominant players have.

Reactions: volfans1
Holly should be aware that her team is not sound in the very basics of basketball. Period. That is the responsibility of the head coach and her staff. She mostly throws the players under the bus, after games. That's total lack of self awareness. Players have talent but not team development. Fulmer should remember two words......"player Portal" ......and do his job.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
I don’t disagree but your drive, that comes from within

True, and sometimes the way some people cope when faced with seemingly insurmountable obstacles is to become numb to them. We've all witnessed multiple players over the past decade who've come in with tons of promise, with energy and drive and determination galore to begin with, only to slowly deteriorate and morph into unhappy-looking shells of their former selves. That can happen to a person who becomes totally disheartened and disillusioned. I suspect that this is what we have all seen in Rennia on those days when she appears to have "given up." She just looks heartbroken to me.

Reactions: Momto2
True, and sometimes the way some people cope when faced with seemingly insurmountable obstacles is to become numb to them. We've all witnessed multiple players over the past decade who've come in with tons of promise, with energy and drive and determination galore to begin with, only to slowly deteriorate and morph into unhappy-looking shells of their former selves. That can happen to a person who becomes totally disheartened and disillusioned. I suspect that this is what we have all seen in Rennia on those days when she appears to have "given up." She just looks heartbroken to me.

Davis and Westbrook are two big time players, But the will commit the same turnover 2-3 times in a row Davis traveling 2 times in a row Westbrook 2 bad passes in a row this will drive any coach nuts.

You are correct
and a good coach can reach within and pull that "drive" out whenever they want it
This is the aspect of coaching that has alluded CHW's staffs
The Alpha-athlete coach

There has to be a Yen and a Yang
They got the Yang
The Yen can be there tomorrow

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Landers is a Tennessee hater. Always will be , he will forever remember how many SEC and National titles pat took from under his nose. Yes regular season the bulldogs had the upper hand but the Real Lv's of the 90's amd 2000's knew when it came down to winning time what it took. Sorry dread headed step brother of pat.

I have known coach landers since he coached high school at McMinn County High School. He then moved to Roane State Jr. College and Tennessee Wesleyan in Athens. He has always wanted to coach at Tennessee. Pat was not interested. He would take the Tennessee job in a minute

I have known coach landers since he coached high school at McMinn County High School. He then moved to Roane State Jr. College and Tennessee Wesleyan in Athens. He has always wanted to coach at Tennessee. Pat was not interested. He would take the Tennessee job in a minute
Im sure he would take any job in a minute at the moment. He seems most uninterested working on set. Especially with Nell Yes and Maria Taylor he seems fond of Lobo though lol .

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I think Coach Landers is and was a big supporter of women's basketball from the early days, and I respect him for that!

I remember when...there were no high school girls' basketball teams. I remember when..the intermural teams played where only 2 players could run full court. The rest of the players had to stop at half court-- could not go into opponent's court. And of course, I remember when there was no NCAA women's tournament. Sometimes we forget from whence we have come.

Generally true about drive coming from within, but it is real possible for someone to get into a situation or a rut where that drive gets suppressed.

Long time ago, my wife and I were on an extended trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. One day I had one portage too many and began grumbling. My wife looked at me, pointed out the obvious that we needed to get to the next lake, and simply said "just do it". And it worked - I hoisted the canoe back up and made it to the next lake, and didn't grumble anymore. We were both happier because of her response and "just do it" remains a byword decades later.

In essence, she gave me the "coaching" I needed at the right moment so that I could perform better.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
In essence, she gave me the "coaching" I needed at the right moment so that I could perform better.

On our honeymoon, my sweet little wife also gave me "the coaching I needed at the right moment to perform better."

40 years later, we are still happily married.

The right coaching + a coachable attitude = a winning combination!💙💛🎶🌷💛💙

Grateful' Lady Vols look to avoid early tourney exit

'Grateful' Lady Vols look to avoid early tourney exit

"I think it's fair to wonder a little bit about their confidence," SEC Network analyst and former Georgia coach Andy Landers said. "I would say that their confidence has taken a hit. Do they have that back? They're talented. If they're confident and they can be consistent, then this is a team that can have success in the tournament, no question about it."

I am a firm believer arecoach can inspire you and initiate Drive in you. So if I believe a coach can Inspire Drive in someone then I also have to believe that a coach can eliminate drive from someone

VN Store

Back